Fundamentals of Puppet
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the fundamentals of Puppet
- Setting up a Puppet master and control repo
- Using the built-in resource types
- Gathering system info with facter
- Organizing code with roles and profiles
- Writing modules and using templates
- Students should be familiar with general Linux system administration
Puppet is an open-source software configuration management tool. It runs on many Unix-like systems as well as on Microsoft Windows, and includes its own declarative language to describe system configuration.
Puppet gives you an automatic way to inspect, deliver, operate and future-proof all of your software, no matter where it runs. With the Puppet approach, you know what you have so you can control and enforce consistency across it, secure it and keep it compliant, all the while modernizing it as business needs dictate. You define what you want your apps and infrastructure to look like using a common easy-to-read language. From there you can share, test and enforce the changes you want to make across your data center and cloud platforms. And at every step of the way, you have the visibility and reporting you need to make decisions and prove compliance.
In this course, you will learn the latest best practices for using Puppet in a real-world environment.
You'll get up and running with Puppet where you'll get started quickly by using existing Puppet modules written and supported by the community. As you progress through the course, you can learn the details of how Puppet works and find out how to write your own Puppet code, including a simple module that can be shared with other IT pros on the Puppet Forge.
- Anyone interested in learning Puppet
- Anyone who would like to be a Devops Professional