Fundamentals of OT Cybersecurity (ICS/SCADA)
What you'll learn
- Introduction to operational technology Cybersecurity
- Operational Technology terminology
- Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- IT / OT Gap and Convergence
- Operational Technology Logical design and components
- Operational Technology Network Protocols
- Modbus Analysis
- Modbus Packet Analysis - LAB
- Simple Virtual PLC - HMI - LAB
- Operational Technology Cybersecurity Controls
- Knowledge in IT Cybersecurity is required.
After being in the field of Cybersecurity for many years, and a few years back I had to work on Operational Technology Cybersecurity. At that time I couldn’t find good resources to understand Operational Technology very well, Most of the time I found articles, videos, or outdated books! and they were misleading sometimes and confusing other times. And found some very expensive training that I couldn’t really afford at the time, however, out of studying, reading, hands on, and working as a Cybersecurity expert in the field of Operational Technology in the following years I found it’s really a good idea to make it easier for those who are going through the same path I had to go through, so I put this training together for you.
This training is about Operational Technology Fundamentals, it will give you the key to understand the different systems within OT and get you ready to leverage your IT Cybersecurity knowledge in the world of OT.
I Will begin by explaining the basic operations, then I will discuss and explain Distributed Control Systems, following to that will cover the subject of SCADA.
Will continue to discuss the other OT terminology and differences with IT along with explaining the OT Network and Purdue Reference Model.
At this point, you will have a good understanding of OT systems components and logical designs.
Then will move into advanced subjects of OT protocols and communications, and will have deep technical dive into industrial protocol followed by several labs, and finally, in the last section, I will explain the OT Cybersecurity Controls and solutions.
This course will be regularly updated, and presented with more bonus and gifts videos and some interesting and advanced subjects around OT Cybersecurity.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for IT Cybersecurity professionals who wants to understand the fundamentals of OT
15+ Years in the field of Cybersecurity worked with different Cybersecurity vendors and products.
Specialized in Operational Technology Cybersecurity, and have experience in securing large operations and critical infrastructures.
Have done hundreds of Training, Seminars, and Webinars on different subjects of Cybersecurity
I often work on packet analysis, studying OT protocols, simulating Cyberattacks, and design OT virtual labs.
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Endpoint Protection
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- Data Encryption and PKI
- Industrial Protocols Deep Packet Inspection
- Threat Intelligence