Fundamentals of Occupational Therapy (OT)
What you'll learn
- Gain an understanding of the role and importance of occupation in our lives
- Recognize the role of occupational therapy in rehabilitation
- Identify the various careers in involved in the occupational therapy process
- Learn about the principles of occupational therapy intervention and the ethical considerations that guide it
- No prior education or experience with occupational therapy is required to gain the full benefit of the class.
Learn the basic concepts, principles, and processes that guide interventions used in occupational therapy. Become involved in a profession dedicated to helping people and improving their quality of life.
Occupational therapy helps people across the lifespan participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities.
Suitable for beginners, this course offers an introduction to Occupational Therapy, including its values, history, philosophy, standards, and ethics. This course will take you through the meaning and benefit of occupation, how occupational therapy got where it is today, how and where occupational therapists deliver their services, and the professional standards required of practitioners. You will learn all of the fundamentals and gain a strong understand of the role of this branch of therapy in the rehab process.
By the end of this class, you will gain an understanding of this quickly growing field of practice under the instruction of a certified occupational therapist and earn a verifiable certificate of your achievement.
Who this course is for:
- This course is open to anybody with an interest in occupational therapy. By learning this course material, students have the opportunity gain insight on the therapeutic process.
Christopher Walters is a registered and licensed occupational therapy practitioner who has diverse range of experience serving as a practitioner in hospitals, early intervention, and nursing homes. He has received extensive training in ethical standards, safety, and ergonomics. He administers therapy with the belief that through engagement in occupation, people can achieve great things.