Fundamentals Of Object-Oriented Programming: Java & intelliJ
What you'll learn
- Understand the purpose of OOP, the history of the Java programming language, the anatomy of a Java program and the role of the compiler
- Learn how to use Java syntax to store, process and retrieve data, take input from a user and provide an output by writing simple programs
- Use built-in Java libraries to process input and data, create custom libraries, file handling and defensive programming techniques
- Construct complex - real world object-oriented classes and solutions in Java based on UML diagrams. Use GitHub to upload completed project files.
- Learn core programming concepts that will improve logical reasoning, critical thinking & problem solving skills and equip you for your first Jr Developer Role
- Integrate Github - a version management system for collaborating and sharing software components and documentation
- No programming experience needed. Basic understanding of Data Flow (DFD) & UML Diagrams
- Access to a Personal Computer and an Internet connection
- The enthusiasm and drive to learn and succeed
This course offers an introduction to the paradigm and features of object-oriented programming using a modern object-oriented language that is relevant and popular in industry. The course entails the modeling of objects and classes, object-oriented facilities such as inheritance and polymorphism, native data structures, exception handling, file management and streams.
Set up classes in a modern Object-Oriented language
Use and understand inheritance facilities
Use and understand interfaces
Demonstrate polymorphic behavior
Use collections and data structures
Use exception handling facilities and defensive programming
Create solutions based off UML models
Java is one of the most in-demand programming languages, It’s:
Java is everywhere, from web server tools to enterprise software and android apps, It’s also the foundation of the Android operating system.
When you enroll in this course, you’ll learn core programming concepts that will equip you to write programs that solve complex real-world problems and additionally, you will gain the foundational skills you need to advance your career as a software engineer.
This course is specifically designed for beginners and anyone seeking to strengthen their Java domain knowledge and It will prepare you for a Jr Java Developer position or your programming gig.
According to sites like Indeed and Glassdoor, a junior Java developer can earn anywhere from $60,000 to 6 figures a year on average! With many of these opportunities being remote based.
Take your first step towards a career in software development with this introductory course to Object Oriented Programming in Java.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner and Novice programmers who would like to develop a basic understanding of how to write simple Object-Oriented programs in Java
- Hobbyists, creatives, or people who just love learning and want to understand how software systems work
- Anyone looking to advance their career, and increase their earning potential
Hey I'm Doron and I help businesses and individuals alike to streamline their systems to make them more efficient. I do this by aligning business processes with appropriate solutions and also by improving existing ones. At the end of the day, it's all about finding ways to make peoples life's easier by leveraging cutting edge technology to develop, automate and deploy more efficient and user friendly software solutions.
Trevoir Williams is a passionate software and system engineer with a strong drive to share the best of his knowledge with students around the globe. His educational achievements include a Master’s degree in Computer Science (major in Software Development) and several Microsoft Azure Certifications.
His impressive work experience includes software consulting, software engineering, database development, cloud system, and server administration, lecturing, and he’s also a musician!
Trevoir enjoys teaching IT and development skills and guides students in gaining the latest knowledge with practical application in the modern industry.