QGIS Mega Course: GIS and Remote Sensing- Beginner to Expert
What you'll learn
- Learn step by step about QGIS, it's environment and interface using the latest long-lasting release in 2021
- Learn how to install and configure QGIS, Get familiar with the interface of QGIS
- Learn the power of QGIS plug-ins and their applications: SCP, OTB, TrendsEarth, Google Earth Engine Plug-in and others
- Understand the basic to advance GIS concepts and analysis (both theory and practical analysis)
- Analyze spatial data (vector and raster data, satellite images) using QGIS 3.16
- Learn the core GIS operations on vector and raster layers
- Conduct satellite image analysis in QGIS
- Learn how to visualize spatial data and how to create GIS maps in QGIS
- Learn how to work on geospatial projects in QGIS environment step-by-step
- Get introduced to Remote Sensing concepts and image analysis in QGIS
- Become expert in GIS analysis in QGIS
- Students need no prior knowledge of GIS or QGIS
- Computer using basics (if You know where is right mouse button You’re good to go)
QGIS Mega Course: GIS and Remote Sensing - Go from Basic To Expert Level
Do you need to use GIS and spatial analysis in your work but don't know how to apply these analyses and don’t know the software to use for GIS-related work?
Do you find GIS books and QGIS manuals not practical and looking for a course that takes you by hand, teach you all the concepts, and gets you started on a real-life GIS project?
I'm very excited that you have found my QGIS Mega Course: GIS and Remote Sensing - Go from Basic To Expert Level course. I will demonstrate to you how to implement GIS and Remote Sensing analyses in the latest version of open-source software QGIS, thus that you could immediately start using vector and raster data as well satellite images for your work and Remote Sensing projects. In this course, I will teach you how to work with the popular open-source QGIS software and its great tools and plug-ins step-by-step that you can go from Beginner to Expert in GIS analysis in QGIS. Quantum GIS (QGIS) is an open-source Geographic Information System that supports most geospatial vector and raster file types and database formats. The program offers wide GIS functionality, with a variety of mapping features and data editing. This enables cutting-edge, global-scale analysis and visualization.
My course provides you with all the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to implement PRACTICAL GIS analysis in QGIS software starting with the basics concepts of GIS and Remote Sensing and equipping you with all the necessary knowledge and skills to implement your own independent GIS and Remote Sensing analysis in great QGIS open-source software!
This fundamental 7-hours course is designed to equip you with the theoretical and practical knowledge of applied GIS analysis.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Learn how to install QGIS and work with QGIS and its plug-ins: Semi-Automatic Classification Plug-in (SCP), TrendsEarth, Google Earth Engine plug-in, SAGA and OTB processing toolboxes etc
- Feel confident and completely understand the basics of GIS and Remote Sensing and its main components,
- Learn all basics and core GIS data operations (vector and raster data as well as satellite imagery) and learn how to conduct GIS projects.
- Learn in QGIS how to perform image preprocessing, calculate spectral indices, conduct land use and land cover classifications with Machine Learning algorithms,
- Visualize GIS data and produce GIS maps for your reports
- And more
The course is ideal for professionals such as geographers, programmers, social scientists, geologists, GIS & Remote Sensing, and all other experts who need to use maps in their field and would like to learn more about geospatial analysis and satellite Remote Sensing in QGIS.
One important part of the course is the practical exercises. You will be given some precise instructions, downloadable practical materials, scripts, and datasets to create maps and conduct geospatial analysis using the QGIS software.
So, don't wait and enrol now to become GIS professional tomorrow!
Who this course is for:
- Geographers, Programmers, geologists, biologists, social scientists, or every other expert who deals with GIS maps in their field
I am a passionate data science expert and educator. I do regular teaching and training all over the world. I have many satisfied students! And now I will be glad if I can teach also you these interesting, highly applied, and exciting topics!
For GIS & Remote Sensing students:
Order of how to take my courses:
Option 1: Take all individual courses that contain more details and more labs in the following order:
1. Get started with GIS & Remote Sensing in QGIS #Beginners
2. Remote Sensing in QGIS: Fundamentals of Image Analysis 2020
3. Core GIS: Land Use and Land Cover & Change Detection in QGIS
4. Machine Learning in GIS: Understand the Theory and Practice
5. Machine Learning in GIS: Land Use/Land Cover Image Analysis
6. Machine Learning in ArcGIS: Map Land Use/ Land Cover in GIS
7. Object-based image analysis & classification in QGIS/ArcGIS
8. ArcGIS: Learn Deep Learning in ArcGIS to advance GIS skills
8. Google Earth Engine for Big GeoData Analysis: 3 Courses in 1
10. Google Earth Engine for Machine Learning & Change Detection
11. QGIS & Google Earth Engine for Environmental Applications
12. Advanced Remote Sensing Analysis in QGIS and on cloud
13. Specific cources focused on Remote Sensing applications (see my cource list)
Option 2: Take my combi-courses that contain summarized information from the above courses, though in fewer details (labs, videos):
1. QGIS Mega Course: GIS and Remote Sensing- Beginner to Expert
2. Geospatial Data Analyses & Remote Sensing: 4 Classes in 1
3. Machine Learning in GIS and Remote Sensing: 5 Courses in 1
4. Google Earth Engine for Big GeoData Analysis: 3 Courses in 1
5. Google Earth Engine for Machine Learning & Change Detection