Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 41 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Determine the variation of pressure in a fluid at rest
- Calculate the forces and moments exerted by a fluid at rest on plane or curved submerged surfaces
- Have a working knowledge of viscosity and the consequences of the frictional effects it causes in fluid flow
- Calculate the capillary rise (or drop) in tubes due to the surface tension effect
- Utilize Integral relations for a control volume and differential relations for fluid particles to analyze fluid flow problems.
- Use control volume analysis to determine the forces associated with fluid flow
- Physics and Calculus
Introduction to fluid properties, viscosity, surface tension, pressure distribution in fluid, hydrostatic forces on plane and curved surfaces, buoyancy , and pressure measurement using manometers and barometers. Integral relations for a control volume, mass conservation, linear momentum equation, energy and Bernoulli equations are discussed.
37 problems are solved in order to bridge the gap between knowledge and application.
- Engineering Students