Quality and Regulatory: EU Product Legislation & CE Marking
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand obligations of manufacturers, distributors and importers in European Union.
- Understand the product legislation in European Union.
- Plan the legal aspects before entry in the European market.
- Understand the importance of considering the legislation aspects at design level.
- Understand the product liability aspects.
- Understand the European safety legislation structure.
- Understand the fundamental of product in the European Union.
- Students does not need any specific background.
The European Union is one of the wealthiest market in the world... and one of the most regulated!
Selling a product in this market, whether you are a manufacturer bases within or outside the European Union, an importer o a simple reseller/distributor, implies that you takes responsibilities, wether you like it or not.
This course introduce you to the most important concept of the European product legislation.
After a short introduction on the European Union, it will explain the concept of the free movement of products, the main pillar on which the huge European market relies on.
Then the course will go into details, explaining the product legislation framework, starting with its types of legal acts, and explaining two of the most common directives:
- the General Product Safety Directive
- the Directive on Product Liability
Then we will explain when and how the legislation applies, introducing, among others, the concepts of
- selling techniques and types of products
- making available
- placing on the market
- intended use and misuse
Finally, we will examine in details responsibilities and obligations of the main economic actors:
- Manufacturer (within or outside European Union)
- Authorised Representative
- End user (even though not an economic operator strictly speaking)
At the end of the course you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of the European Union legislative framework, and you will have the vocabulary and the autonomy to further deepen your knowledge in a specific field like for instance in the Toys industry, in the Medical Device field, and so on.
Do not lose valuable time and enroll today!
- Marketing and Sales professionals, who need to know what is the legislative environment their products live in.
- Technicians, designers and engineers, in order to understand what is the regulatory framework their design is expected to abide by.
- Entrepreneurs, in order to understand the legislation and regulatory environment their company or products are subject to.
- Professional involved in sales, import or distribute products in the European Union.
- Regulatory, certification and legislation professionals and consultants in the field of product legislation.
- Lawyers or professional working in legal services.
- Professionals working in public institutions which deals with product legislations, like customs, vigilance and enforcing authorities.
- Students who want to develop their carrier in one of the above fields.