Fundamentals of Data Visualization in Tableau
- No previous knowledge is required. We will start from the very basics
- You will have to download Tableau Public. We will show you how
Welcome to our Tableau training!
Tableau is without a doubt the most popular data visualization tool in the world. It is essential for anyone who works in the field of BI and data science. Moreover, its popularity continues to increase, and it is likely you will need to learn Tableau in the future.
This is a private course available to 365 Careers students only.
If you have been invited this means that you are part of our community of students who have earned the course. Thank you for choosing to learn with us and for enjoying our courses!
- People interested in learning how to work with Tableau
- Professionals who want to be able to tell a meaningful story using charts
- Anyone working in the field of BI and data science
- Why Use Tableau: Make Your Data Make an Impact04:23
- Let's Download Tableau Public02:03
- Connecting Data in Tableau02:19
- Exploring Tableau's Interface09:26
- Let's Create our first Chart in Tableau!07:12
- Duplicating a Sheet02:49
- Creating a Table05:23
- Creating Custom Fields02:28
- Creating a Custom Field and Adding Calculations to a Table03:41
- Adding Totals and Subtotals02:03
- Adding a Custom Calculation03:12
- Inserting a Filter02:21
- Working with Joins in Tableau04:33
- Introduction to the Exercise02:05
- Let's Create a Dashboard - Visualizing the Three Charts We Want to Create01:56
- Using Joins in Tableau06:10
- Performing a Numbers Check - Attempt #103:48
- Blending Data in Tableau05:49
- Performing a Numbers Check - Attempt #203:41
- First Chart04:05
- Second chart03:07
- Third Chart02:39
- Creating and Formatting a Dashboard04:26
- Adding Interactive Filters for Improved Analysis03:54
365 Careers is the #1 best-selling provider of finance courses on Udemy. The company’s courses have been taken by more than 1,000,000 students in 210 countries. People working at world-class firms like Apple, PayPal, and Citibank have completed 365 Careers trainings.
Currently, the firm focuses on the following topics on Udemy:
1) Finance – Finance fundamentals, Financial modeling in Excel, Valuation, Accounting, Capital budgeting, Financial statement analysis (FSA), Investment banking (IB), Leveraged buyout (LBO), Financial planning and analysis (FP&A), Corporate budgeting, applying Python for Finance, Tesla valuation case study, CFA, ACCA, and CPA
2) Data science – Statistics, Mathematics, Probability, SQL, Python programming, Python for Finance, Business Intelligence, R, Machine Learning, TensorFlow, Tableau, the integration of SQL and Tableau, the integration of SQL, Python, Tableau, Power BI, Credit Risk Modeling, and Credit Analytics
3) Entrepreneurship – Business Strategy, Management and HR Management, Marketing, Decision Making, Negotiation, and Persuasion, Tesla's Strategy and Marketing
4) Office productivity – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
5) Blockchain for Business
All of the company’s courses are:
By choosing 365 Careers, you make sure you will learn from proven experts, who have a passion for teaching, and can take you from beginner to pro in the shortest possible amount of time.
If you want to become a financial analyst, a finance manager, an FP&A analyst, an investment banker, a business executive, an entrepreneur, a business intelligence analyst, a data analyst, or a data scientist, 365 Careers’ courses are the perfect place to start.