Fundamentals of Chemical Kinetics
- There is no any prerequisites for the course.
The course on 'Fundamentals of Chemical Kinetics' is designed to provide quick understanding about concepts in chemical kinetics. The basic knowledge of chemical kinetics is the foundation for kinetic analysis and reactor design. The course will provide answers to many fundamental questions such as:
1. What is Chemical kinetics?
2. Why we shall study chemical kinetics?
3. Which factors affect rate of reaction?
4. What is rate law expression and why it is to be determined?
5. How temperature affects reaction rate?
Providing answers to above questions is basic objective of the course. The introduction video explains the motivation to enroll for course. The variables and their typical effect on rate of reaction are explained in second component of course. Third component of this course contain the discussion about rate law expression and its application in evaluating progress of reaction with time. Its relevance during the reactor design stage is also discussed. Is is often said that the temperature often accelerates the rate of reaction. The theories which correlate the temperature dependency of rate constant or rate of reactions are also briefly discussed. To summarize this course is designed to enable the learner with quick and good understanding about reaction kinetics fundamentals. For beginners it will provide quick learning experience .
Who this course is for:
- Students and professionals working in Chemical engineering and allied branches. Students studying physical chemistry course.
- 04:12Introduction to Chemical Kinetics
- 3 questionsAssignment based on topic 1
I am a Chemical Engineering Professional working as Head of Chemical Engineering in K. K. Wagh Polytechnic, Nashik (Maharashtra-India). I have completed my post graduation and PhD in Chemical Engineering from renowned 'Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai'. I am in to teaching profession since July, 2000. Prior to this i worked in industry for 2.5 years. I have a passion of teaching. I am equally interested in experimental studies in wastewater treatment and green manufacturing approach.