Fundamentals of Bridge Design-Concept of design and modeling
What you'll learn
- Your shortest way to learn the fundamentals of bridge design.
- Understand the different types of bridges
- Understand how the loads are transferring to the bridge elements
- Understand the main loads affecting on the bridge
- Explore the different load cases for the live load
- working examples on the softwares for bridge design
- Design concept for bridge design from A to Z by the international codes.
- Be able to understand the main basics of loads and stresses.
Fundamentals of Bridge Design : Your way to be bridge designer
This course covers fundamental concepts and methods in bridge design. Starting with the very basics, we consider definition of the bridge, different types and what is the statically system of each type of bridges. We then move on to look at bridge components ; what are they and how the loads transfer through them? We'll cover the different types of design codes and the different types of loads in detail. Worked examples are used extensively to demonstrate the practical application of theory.
Based on my experience lecturing to engineering undergraduates, the course focuses on those areas students find particularly tricky when starting out. The link between theory and practice is reinforced using my experience as a infrastructure design engineer. The course includes video lectures which combine screen cast voice over with traditional style lectures.
The emphasis is on worked examples with students encouraged to try questions before the detailed solution is presented. The teaching philosophy is 'learn by doing!'.
This course is suitable for engineering students who find their bridges lectures confusing and feel a little lost when it comes to bridge design. The course also give the hand for the graduated engineers to build their way to be bridge designer. Bridge designer became one of the most required civil engineering jobs in the market. Once you get the chance to understand and apply on real brides you already created a new chance for your career.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is great for undergraduate engineering students who feel a little lost in their bridge design lectures. We start from scratch, establishing the basics and build from there.
- Graduated engineers who want to create another chance on their career as bridge designer.
- If you're about to start an engineering program, this course is a great way to get a head start.
- Bridge designers who are doing their design manually want to learn a fast tool to design bridges by computer.
Design examples on real bridge design will be updated in order to increase the application and ability to understand.
Who this course is for:
- Civil engineering students.
- Bridge master students.
- Civil engineers and Bridge designers.
Engr. Ayman kandeel , Chartered Engineer from ICE-UK, Certified Autodesk instructor, Certified Professional ,BIM Manager from RICS-UK, BIM specialist since 2014, MSc-civil engineering.
My passion is inspiring people through online courses. I love learning new skills, and since 2007 on my YouTube channel has more than 1000,000 views and over 13.000 subscribers. I have been teaching people like you everything I know. Through my online learning tutorials, Video School Online, I create courses that teach you how to become the better version of yourself with all kinds of skills.
* Senior Civil Chartered Engineer with 15 Years of Experience in major Civil and Infrastructure Projects Covering a wide range of activities and responsibilities mainly in Cities design, Roads and highway engineering.
* Working extensively on Project Management, from the planning stages to Conceptual and detailed design, Design Review, Workshop drawings for Roads, Highways, Bridges, grading, drainage and gravity utilities.
* Chartered professional engineer from ICE- institution of Civil Engineers in UK.
* Broad Knowledge of the international standards for Roads & Highway Design standards like AASHTO green book, LRFD and MOT of Saudi Arabia.
* Professional knowledge in BIM applications for Highway and infrastructure Design using Software like Civil 3D, Navisworks, Infraworks, and the Vehicle tracking.
* BIM specialist and implementing BIM management during the project life cycle in 4D time and 5D cost and the clash detection between the different utilities.
CERTIFICATES & ACHIEVEMENTS:
* Chartered civil Engineer from ICE-UK.
* Certified BIM Manager from RICS-UK.
* Autodesk student Ambassador since 2016 .
* Certified BIM specialist for roads and infrastructure design.
* PMP – Project Management Professional certified.
* AutoCAD Civil 3d certified professional and instructor.
* Shared in creating BIM standards for Royal commission of Yanbu.
* Shared as a speaker in BIM Egypt Conference with Autodesk.
* BIM writer in many national and international magazines.
* CEO of KEG Engineering Company.
* Approved peer certified reviewer from PUBLONS.
* Professional Engineer of Saudi Council of Engineers - SCE.
YouTube channel : Ayman Kandeel
Facebook : KEG Engineering
LinkedIn : Ayman Kandeel