Analytic Investigations (Basic Level)
What you'll learn
- What Bias is and how you can minimize it while collecting information
- What a Source Reliability flow is, and how to conduct a Source Reliability Assessment
- What the Information Credibility flow is, and how to conduct an Information Credibility Assessment
- How Source Reliability and Information Credibility combine to create valid and unbiased assessments
- BONUS: Learn how to "Sharpen the Saw" and stay at your analytic best!
- Students should have a general understanding of investigations.
By the end of this course you will know:
What Bias is and how to minimize its influence when collecting information for your investigative inquiry
What the Source Reliability flow is and how to conduct a Source Reliability Assessment to improve the pool of information sources
What the Information Credibility flow is and how to conduct an Information Credibility Assessment to reduce bias
How Source Reliability and Information Credibility merge to create valid and unbiased assessments and provide actionable information
This course is designed for professionals new or newly assigned to investigative inquiries, and related responsibilities including:
Private Investigators, Insurance Claims and Fraud Investigators, Law Enforcement Investigators, Journalists, Attorneys or anyone in the public safety / public security and Business sectors.
Successful investigative professionals recognize the value of reliable sources and understand the need for credible information.
This basic course will introduce you to a simple method to help you make better assessments of the reliability of your sources of information, as well as the credibility of the information itself to make your best decision.
This a basic level course and is not designed or intended for the experienced, seasoned expert. It is the first of three courses in Analytic Investigations Training series, so if you already have extensive experience as an intelligence expert, or have completed advanced training in this field, I recommend you check out the more advanced courses on this topic.
In order to help new or newer analysts continue to hone and improve your skills, I have included a bonus section at the end of this course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for professionals with investigative responsibilities including, but not limited to: Attorneys, Private Investigators, Insurance Investigators, Military and Civilian Police Investigators, Fraud Investigators, Journalists, Consulting Investigators, and more!
Hello, I'm Dr. Eugene Matthews. Before I became a Criminal Justice Professor, I was first a Criminal Justice Professional. I'm a retired Special Agent from the US Army Criminal Investigation Division (CID), and I absolutely enjoy sharing the techniques and tools that helped me be successful throughout my careers as both a criminal justice professional and a criminal justice professor.
In addition to my courses in Analytic Intelligence Training and Practical Research, I also operate CW3 Drones, Aerial Drone Imagery and consulting services.
Success While you Learn.
I've designed my courses to walk alongside you while you learn, enabling you to apply what you learn even before you complete the course!
So, if you are ready to move forward on your success journey, I'm ready to partner with you, and I look forward to seeing you in the course room.