Fundamentals of Algebra
What you'll learn
- Full student work book consisting of questions and worked solutions for every concept
- Key fundamental algebraic concepts and techniques.
- Operations with algebraic fractions.
- Key techniques such as rearranging, cross multiplying and factorising.
- How to solve a variety of equations including linear, quadratic, logarithm and indicial equations.
- Using the quadratic formula
- No prior Algebra experience needed. You will learn everything you need to know.
Comes with Workbook to help focus your efforts and save you time. Your checks of understanding come with complete worked solutions.
This course will teach you the key fundamentals of Algebra. The biggest problem that students face when studying more in-depth mathematical topics such as calculus is not fully understanding the basics and having gaps in their knowledge. This leads to further problems down the track. This course will ensure you master the key ideas, fill in those gaps and set yourself up for future success. Upon completion of this course, you will be ready to take on more advanced topics such as algebra 2, Trigonometry and Calculus.
Section 2 starts right at the beginning and introduces key concepts and core skills such as expanding, factorising and performing operations with algebraic fractions. Section 3 builds on section 2 and teaches you the techniques to solve a variety of algebraic equations. These included linear, quadratic, non-monic quadratic, logarithmic, indicial and exponential equations.
How to get the most out of this course
This course is broken up into small individual sections designed to help you learn exactly what you need to know. The expertly crafted learning videos are designed to maximize your time. View the tutorial video and follow along. Pause and take notes as needed. After each of the tutorial videos you will find a ‘check of understanding’ which consists of 5 questions that relate to the material covered in the video/s. Complete the questions and check your Answers with the worked solutions so you can see how you are progressing.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for people who want to master the fundamentals of algebra. This course will provide a great foundation of understanding in which you could build on with more advanced topics down the track such as Algebra 2, Trigonometry and Calculus.
It is probably safe to say that my love of Mathematics preceded my love of music by a year or two. I found both had many aspects in common, including patterns, power, and beauty. These two interests collided when studying for my degree in Pure Mathematics, when I funded my studies by playing gigs in a rock band. On attaining my degree, I commenced post graduate studies in Information Technology, while working as a systems designer and programmer. It was not long though before I returned to Mathematics and took up studies in Education.
For 35years now I have shared my passion for the wonderful, exciting world of Mathematics as a High school teacher, University lecturer, international conference presenter, course designer, textbook writer; all these roles have enriched my experience to allow the very best presentation as an online course creator. Now a days, my music enjoyment may be limited to listening, but my active daily involvement in teaching Mathematics continues to give great satisfaction and enjoyment.