Four Of The Biggest Threats To Your Online Marketing Success
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have a good understanding of the fundamental building blocks that make up a successful online marketing strategy identified
- Avoid some of the pitfalls that most that enter the marketing or online marketing space stumble into.
- Start the journey in building their own online business or campaign on solid footing
- The student should have some business sense, have an entrepreneurial mindset and the drive to push through the learning curve associated with marketing in today’s business climate.
Welcome to the "Online Marketing Fundamentals and Success Principles" course.
In this course you'll learn the marketing fundamentals as I like to call them, that need to be incorporated into your online marketing strategy, for it to have a chance to succeed.
This will form the foundation of your online marketing project.
Who this is for:
- Whether you're brand new to online marketing or have been at it for a while and still struggling, the fundamentals covered in this course, if applied, will bring you much clarity.
Why take this course:
- Be able to identify and implement the fundamental pillars necessary to build a successful Online Marketing strategy.
The course starts out with:
- A summary of the six major challenges that online marketers of all shapes, sizes and experience, encounter and trap most. You don't want to miss these.
Next I cover two critical questions that are targeted at you:
- The detail of your answer will most likely determine whether your marketing effort will succeed or fail.
- These two are the emotion behind what you do and provide you with the staying power.
Following we'll dive into:
- The fundamentals that are the foundation of a sound marketing plan
- Looking at marketing as a system and the major components of that system
- The fundamentals that need to be part of your Website and that will keep you from the typical knee jerk reactions every time Google releases an update to their algorithm.
- The fundamental shift in the marketplace and what's behind today's crazy pace.
- I use a Mindmap format as the presentation medium, a copy of which I make available as a PDF at the end of each section. Check out some of the previews I make available. I'd love your feedback on this.
- I've included a worksheet at the end of the course that will help you recall some of the key points and serve as a worksheet to you own online marketing campaign.
It's my pleasure to share this information with you and I trust you'll extract much value out of the course and I look forward to hearing from you. Please let me know how I can empower you on your own journey.
- This course is a prerequisite for anyone wanting to develop a successful online business or presence.
- This course also applies to anyone that has struggled with building a successful online business or campaign
An introduction to the course outlining the major issues, the cause and the fundamental success principles. Also includes a worksheet to be used with your own internet/online marketing efforts.
I'll briefly walk through the guist and what we'll cover in this section. We'll cover the six major challenges and pain points faced by most online/internet marketers. This includes information overwhelm, looking for more traffic, misreading the customer, misreading the marketplace, the error in chasing money and thinking that social media is the end all.
In this lecture we'll cover some of the challenges one encounters when building a business or campaign on the Internet. These include chasing the shiny objects, getting taken advantage of and wasted time and money. We'll also refer back to a section on Chasing “Shiny Objects” in my previous course “Conquer These 7 Areas And Succeed With Your Online Marketing”, which has an extensive discussion on this topic. By the way, if you request it, as a gift for taking this course is free to you.
Here we'll cover the second of the challenges we hear all the time. "I need more traffic!!!". In this lecture we address the what traffic you should really be going after and the misconception that "more" traffic cures all.
In this lecture we'll dig a bit into finding out what the customer or prospect really wants rather than giving it “our” best guess. The same applies to the marketplace, which is frequently misread. Much of the blame here rests with poor market research. We'll cover key points on how to do it right.
Here we'll cover the 4 pillars of any sound marketing strategy that you don't want to miss. Set these in place and you're building on solid ground. Miss one or two and your efforts may be doomed from the outset.
Here we'll go over the concept of thinking of marketing as a series of processes within a system rather than just an event. Additionally, in today's highly competitive and information overload environment keeping that lead and customer in the loop becomes a must and highlights the importance of capturing the visitor's contact information.
In this lecture we'll take the sales and marketing funnel (system) apart and clarify the function and importance of each component. The traffic sources, the landing page, capture of the contact information and the follow-up/staying in touch portion. The recap of this section follows.
In this first lecture of the section on “Getting Your Storefront In Order” we'll uncover the key aspects that need to be included in our Website. For it is the storefront or window to your business. Here's a brief walk through of the key points we'll cover in this section; secret of an effective design, information capture, navigation, our communication plan and does it line up with what landed them on our site in the first place?
This lecture focuses on the very important aspect of being found through search and the key considerations we need to keep in mind when building our site. What search engines look for and the basics (not dependent on Google's algorithm updates) to optimize our site. This lecture also includes the recap for the Section on "Getting Your Storefront In Order."
This lecture goes into details as to what's happening in today's market and the mindset required to win in it. The challenges include the new consumer mindset, the accelerated pace of change, where business is moving to and the capturing new opportunities.