The Fundamentals Of 3D Printing
What you'll learn
- Learn the fundamentals of 3D printing including the history, methods, kinds of 3D printers, how to design your own models and share them around the world
- Create their own 3D models using CAD software
- Explore new business models that take advantage of 3D printing and the customizability aspect
- How to monetize your 3D Designs
- Students should be prepared to learn about a technology that may not be fully developed and know that the potential of 3D printing is different from today's reality
- A willingness to learn about 3D printing is encouraged
- A computer to explore TinkerCAD
Have you ever wanted to learn how to use a 3D printer?
Imagine.. one day you design a digital model of an action figure to be 3D printed. You share it online and next thing you know thousands of people are downloading it and printing it out themselves! Your digital creation became a physical reality for legions.
This is the power of 3D printing and just one of the examples of its amazing potential.
Wouldn't it be awesome to show off vibrant prints you made yourself to your friends? There are online communities where people share and rate 3D designs. But it's even possible to monetize your 3D designs as well on 3D printing design marketplaces.
This course The Fundamentals Of 3D Printing includes the basic terms and definitions of 3D printing along with the history of the technology. One will be able to learn how to use a 3D printer and learn its potential future applications. There are also case studies on successful businesses already using 3D printing for customization. We take you through the creation of your own 3D model and walk you through 3 of the most popular 3D printing services to print, sell and share your design.
You will learn:
- The key 3D printing methods and technologies.
- Proficiency in 3D design with TinkerCAD.
- Where you can not only share but also sell your designs in various 3D marketplaces.
- Important 3D printing stocks to invest in.
- Know and identify the important parts of a 3D printer.
- The materials which can be used for printing.
- Identify major 3D printer manufacturers and services.
- Discover 3D printing customization as a service through case studies including: Spuni, Shapify, Feetz, Sols and Protos Eyewear.
- How to effectively use 3D Hubs, Shapeways and Thingiverse.
- Different industries that are ripe for disruption with 3D printing.
- Future prospects to start a 3D printing business.
- The potential global impact of the technology.
- Be able to teach others about the fundamentals of 3D printing.
Who this course is for:
- Makers, Entrepreneurs, Inventors, Engineers, Architects, Artists and Explorers should all consider taking this course
- Those not interested in 3D printing should avoid this course
Jeffrey Ito is a graduate of the University of Southern California from Los Angeles, California with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial & Systems Engineering and an SAP Specialization.
Jeffrey Ito is the Owner of Lithium Gold Ventures, LLC. He is an entrepreneur who loves new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, 3D printing, Bitcoin, and iPhone apps.
Jeff enjoys helping people gain an edge with 21st Century break-through technologies. His ultimate vision is to create optimized technology systems that help improve the lives of other people.
If there are any questions, comments or feedback you have for me - feel free to contact me at any time.