Fundamental Financial Math
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The relationship between price and yield on fixed income securities
- What are the interest rate and pricing conventions for fixed income instruments
- How to explain different day count and compounding conventions used in fixed income securities
- The dramatic difference between yield to maturity and realized rate of return
- How to determine the price of both coupon bearing and zero coupon bonds
- Financial math applications as it is used in finance, banking, securities and insurance markets and jobs
- A financial calculator is recommended to get the most out of this course.
- Knowledge of the English language.
This course will introduce you to a wide variety of calculations and related concepts that are used by financial market participants in a wide variety of applications - calculating prices, rates of return, and yields for example. These concepts and more will be discussed.
This course consists of 15 modules, broken out into 3 sections:
- Interest Rate Conventions and Time Value of Money
- Debt Security Pricing
- Bond Yields and Rates of Return
The course contains approximately 2 and a half hours of video content, and supplementary PDF files of the instructor's presentation are included to help participants follow along.
- All levels of participants are encouraged to take this course.
Instructor Doug Carroll introduces the topic of Fundamental Financial Math and discusses Interest Rates and Yields.
Instructor Doug Carroll discusses the pricing of zero coupon bonds.