Fundamental Chemistry: Matter and Measurement
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Solve problems and grasp theoretical concepts in...
- Visualizing molecules through two types of molecular models
- Understanding the composition of matter
- Classifying matter by physical state
- Classifying matter by composition
- Understanding the different types of mixtures
- Separating mixtures based on their properties
- Comparing and contrasting physical and chemical properties
- Comparing and contrasting physical and chemical changes
- Following the rules of significant figures
- Using significant figures in calculations
- Rounding numbers appropriately
- Converting between a variety of SI units and prefixes
- Converting between Kelvin, Celsius, and Fahrenheit scales
- Using dimensional analysis to solve complicated problems
- Using density and volume conversions in dimensional analysis
- Using SI units and prefixes in dimensional analysis
- I will provide all necessary background info and beyond.
- A scientific calculator could be useful, though not necessary.
A strong conceptual and problem solving foundation makes an immense difference in how well you grasp further topics in chemistry; Fundamental Chemistry: Matter and Measurement will do just that for you.
Build a powerful skill set in problem-solving and grasping chemistry topics in this introductory course.
- Learn about the fundamentals of matter, ions, significant figures, dimensional analysis, and more
- Follow along with me as I show you how to solve common chemistry problems after every unit section
- Build confidence in chemistry by solving problems on your own in end-of-section quizzes
Mastering Chemistry Is A Cakewalk!
Overview of Course
Fundamental Chemistry: Matter and Measurement was designed to produce a simple learning experience for the student. Unlike other courses, we have put together a comprehensive overview of the major topics in this section to best prepare you in your study of chemistry.
The course is divided into 6 major sections: an introduction to definition in chemistry, classifying matter, properties of matter, measurement in science, significant figures, and dimensional analysis or factor-label method.
Each major section ends with several lessons on problem solving to coach you through the most typical questions you'll encounter in your classes. Suitable for any beginner, high school, advanced placement (AP), and introductory college levels, Fundamental Chemistry: Matter and Measurement is also a great way to refresh the basics while prepping yourself for exams.
- HIgh school students
- AP (Advanced Placement) Chemistry students
- College students (introductory chemistry level)