Functions in PHP [Exercises]
What you'll learn
- Learn how to define simple functions and acquire practical experience
- Learn how to define anonymous functions and acquire practical experience
- Understand the fact that each and every function is actually an object
- Become familiar with the simplicity of passing over functions when calling higher order functions
- Learn how to access global variables from within the scope of a function
- Learn how to define variadic functions, and learn about the cases in which they become highly useful
- Learn about PHP capabilities when it comes to arguments unpacking
- Become familiar with recursive functions and learn how to define them
- You should already have basic understanding of using and defining functions in PHP.
When doing the first steps in learning a programming language, the role of practice becomes highly important. The more programs you code the better understanding you achieve. This practical experience can be acquired through work as a software developer, or it can be acquired through extensive coding exercises. This course provides everything you need in order to take the second approach when learning PHP.
Taking This Course You will Improve Your PHP Programming Skills, and move one step forward in your path to dominate this programming language.
Learn how to define simple functions and how to define anonymous ones
Understand what a recursive function is, and how to implement it
Become familiar with variadic functions and learn how to define them
Learn how to implement a function that accesses global variables
Learn how to write code that unpacks arguments we pass over
CODING EXERCISES THAT FOCUS ON THE USE OF FUNCTIONS AND FOCUS ON HOW TO DEFINE FUNCTIONS ARE CRUCIAL FOR EVERY STUDENT THAT WANTS TO BECOME A PROGRAMMER.
PHP supports various forms of functions, such as anonymous functions, variadic functions, recursive functions, higher-order functions, and simple ones. This course focuses on teaching these various forms through extensive coding exercises.
Each and every coding exercise includes code the student needs to complete its missing parts. Taking this course, if you feel that you would like to have more exercises please don't hesitate and let us know. Please specify the topic in which you would like to have more coding exercises. We will take your requests into account when working on the next version of this course.
If you encounter an exercise you fail to complete and/or have difficulties to understand its solution please don't hesitate and let us know. We will prepare a video that explains that specific exercise and its solution. If a video already exists and you still need more explanations please don't hesitate and let us know so we could improve the video that already exists or prepare a new one.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner PHP Developers
We at life michael focus on the delivery of premium professional training services for software developers. We are part of Zindell Technologies, and we specialize in turning complex topics into simple ones. The success of our students is the base of our business model. Our activity is lead by Haim Michael, who has more than 20 years of experience delivering professional training services to software developers.