Functional Skills Math Level 2
What you'll learn
- Learn operations on large numbers, substitution in given Formula, Fractions, Decimal numbers
- Learn more about Percentages, Ratio & Proportion
- Learn Profit & Loss, Discounts & Taxes
- Learn Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Learn about Metric and Imperial units
- Learn about compound Measures like Speed, Distance & Time, Density, Mass & Volumes and Rates of pay
- Learn to find Perimeters and Areas of 2-D shapes
- Learn about volumes & surface area of cubes and cuboids
- Scale Drawings of actual measurements and scale factor
- In Statistics learn about Mean, Median, Mode & Range, Two-way Tables, Scatter Diagram and correlation
- Probability of combined events
- Learn complete topic Time and management of time
- Problems based on money & currency
- Basic Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division
This course is carefully designed to prepare students for the ‘Functional Skills Maths Level 2’. It will equip you with the desired knowledge and Math skills you will need in life, study and work.
It has more than 100 lectures spanning nearly 14 hours of on-demand videos that are divided into 20 sections. Each topic is explained extensively by solving multiple questions along with the student during the video lectures. The students are also provided and encouraged to solve practice questions & quizzes provided at the end of each topic.
It has around 1000+ solved questions along with past paper problems for Functional Skills Maths Level 2 which is a recognized and highly desired GCSE equivalent Maths qualification.
It will help you improve your overall Math skills and prepare you to pass the Functional Skills level 2 Maths Exam. This course will provide you with the knowledge of elementary Math required to apply for higher education courses, apprenticeships, and training courses.
The Functional Skills Math Exam is divided into two levels and this course will help you prepare for Level 2. Many of the topics covered in this course are advanced versions of Level 1. If you want to start from the basics of each topic, Level 1 preparation is also available in my courses.
Topics covered in the course:
- Read, Write, Compare and Order Large Numbers
- Substitution in given Formula
- Decimal numbers
- Ratio & Proportion
- Profit & Loss
- Discounts & Taxes
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Convert between metric and imperial units
- Speed, Distance & Time
- Density, Mass & Volumes
- Rates of pay
- Perimeters and Areas of 2-D shapes
- Volume & Surface area of cubes and cuboids
- Scale Drawings
- Mean, Median, Mode & Range
- Two-way tables
- Scatter Diagram
- Probability of combined events
- Advanced Problems related to Time Topic
This course is going to help you build a sufficiently firm grounding in the basics at your own time and space and enable you to pursue your learning or career goals.
With this course you'll also get:
- Full lifetime access to the course
- Complete support for any question, clarification or difficulty you might face on the topic
- Udemy Certificate of Completion available for download
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Feel free to contact me with any questions or clarifications you might have.
I look forward to seeing you in the course! :)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in revising or learning the basics of Mathematics
- Anyone who wants to excel at Functional Skills Math Level 2 Exam
- Apprentices (Level 2 Math is required for all apprenticeships at Level 3 or higher).
- People looking for an alternative GCSE Math qualification
- Anyone looking to improve their job prospects by improving Math Skills
- People applying for university
Post Graduation in Applied Mathematics, Delhi University
Graduation in Mathematics Honours, Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University
20+ years of experience in teaching Mathematics. A strong record of countless students who have scored 90% and above in the subject and many who have scored 100%.
Have taught students from classes 9th to 12th (CBSE, IGCSE, ICSE boards), competitive exams like GMAT, CAT, SAT, GRE, CPT, CLAT, NTSE, Maths Olympiad and students preparing for the entrance exams of reputed schools like Mayo, Rishi Valley, Bishop Cotton, DPS, Birla etc.