Battery & Fuel Cell Technologies From Scratch to the Top
What you'll learn
- History of Battery Development
- Electric Vehicles and Batteries
- Chemical Power Sources
- Basic Principles of Batteries and Fuel Cells
- Fuel Cells Classification
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- NiCd, NiFe, NiMH
- Lithium-ion Batteries
- Electrode Materials for Lithium-ion Batteries
- Being curious to know details about the batteries
- No prior knowledge needed
Energy systems across the globe are undergoing a fundamental transformation. As we continue to decrease dependence on fossil fuels, the world is demanding more diverse power solutions for our transportation needs.
Today’s electric vehicles are almost exclusively powered by lithium-ion batteries, but there is a long way to go before electric vehicles become dominant in the global automotive market. In addition to policy support, widespread deployment of electric vehicles requires high-performance and low-cost energy storage technologies, including not only batteries but also alternative electrochemical devices. Here, we provide a comprehensive evaluation of various batteries and fuel cells technologies that have the greatest potential to succeed in commercial applications.
This course is an introduction to batteries and fuel cells – the cornerstones of electromobility and renewable energy. Learning the lessons of history, understanding the main driving forces of global changes, and earning the basic knowledge of the key technologies will help to gain basic all-around comprehension of the subject.
What you'll learn
- Lessons of history, in order to understand possible risks of electromobility in the near future.
- Driving forces of growing demand in electromobility and energy storage and how it changes the game.
- Basic principles and “how it works” for electric vehicles, batteries, and fuels cells.
- Main types of batteries and fuel cells.
- How electrode material chemistry defines battery characteristics.
Who this course is for:
- Electric vehicle owners
- New technology lovers
I'm Mohamed Lamaachi, an electrical and electronics engineer. I worked with mega-companies in this sector. Till I decided to quit the job and build my own business, which was my best decision ever. Now, my company accomplished more than 130 projects in over 3 countries.
I want to help you to be part of the growing sector of green jobs that involve environmentally conscious production. Be one of the individuals that maximize the energy potential of clean energy sources including wind, solar energy, and electric vehicles.