From Good to Great - Level Up Your Teaching Business
What you'll learn
- Our mission is to empower teachers to establish and sustain a successful independent teaching career. You will have a lesson plan and a business plan at the end
- Week 1 strategy helps you match your strength with your clients' essential needs so you find your best suited fit
- Week 2 pedagoy refines your teaching methods and practice so you can curate learning plans best suited to your clients
- Week 3 growth helps you develop a business plan for a sustainable success
- This course is suitable for independent educators who would like to build a sustainable and successful teaching business.
You are an independent teacher and would like to excel in that direction. You want to grow your independent teaching into a successful business.
Do you want to know how to find and select the right students?
Do you want to attract students instead of chasing students?
Do you want to learn proven ways to onboard and convert students?
Do you want to learn how to grow a long-term student-teacher-parent relationship?
Do you want to learn ways to overcome language and cultural barriers?
Do you want to use pedagogy knowledge to customize, implement and track personalized learning plans for your students?
Do you want to learn how to write and refine your teaching business plan?
Do you want to set up a feedback process to further grow your teaching business?
This comprehensive course, combining business strategy and pedagogy, is the best way to take your independent teaching to the next level, as a successful teaching business.
By the end of this course, you will learn structured processes and practical tips and have the opportunity to engage in our parent community
1. Business strategy process – how to evaluate, choose and find the right students; how to write and track your business plan
2. Pedagogy framework – how to evaluate, personalize and track learning plans for your students
3. Practical skills – how to overcome language and culture barriers, how to expand your network, how to onboard clients, and establish a long-term relationship with them.
What do students say?
“What sets this course apart from others is the combined expertise & methodology utilized by Paige & Minji. Both have vast experience in the field of online education, & how to guide individuals to success as are independent teacher from a business & educator mindset. …I have implemented several of the strategies I learned in this course in my independent teaching with positive results.” - Respectfully, Alyse Bukoski, M.A., M.Ed., CAGS
“I highly recommend this Udemy course. It's been carefully designed to cater to teachers. It helps them understand how to embed their methodology and teaching into a business strategy. Teachers feel comfortable teaching, but when it comes to setting up a business, most of us step back and hesitate because business isn't what we can do. This course shows how to overcome that mental block and make a step towards setting up a sustainable teaching business.” - Ann
Who's it for?
The course is suitable for experienced teachers who have already begun teaching independently. This course includes hours of video presentations, examples as well as downloadable exercise sheets to use. It also includes a showcase of the best websites and online materials for your pedagogy planning.
What makes us qualified to create this course?
We are both educators with a growth mindset. In our own career paths, we learned business and teaching skills to set up our own businesses. We believe you can do the same.
Minji has extensive experience working with business management consulting firms and education start-ups. She has an MBA degree from the University of Cambridge and a master's degree in Education Technology from the University of British Columbia. She supports independent teachers with business strategy and cross-cultural networking opportunities.
Paige was a public-school teacher and reading specialist before turning to online teaching. She supported many teams at a major ESL teaching platform including marketing, operations, training, and quality assurance. Pedagogy (teaching methods and practice) is her specialty. She has her own business to help independent teachers deliver high-quality lessons that create loyal clients.
This course will cover everything you need to grow your independent teaching career as a successful business, including:
1. Bite-size videos to explain key concepts
2. Tutorial videos to showcase hands-on examples
3. Articles for your further interest
4. Step-by-step exercise sheet to guide you through exercises
Cross-cultural networking opportunity: As a bonus, you will receive an invitation to engage and participate in our parent- teacher community. It is a global community mixing ESL teachers and parents who speak Chinese and English, from different parts of the world.
We hope you enjoy the journey with us.
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for independent educators who are seeking continuous professional development.
Minji lives in London, UK, and has her own business to empower independent educators with business strategies to reach and teach cross-cultural students. She has an MBA degree from the University of Cambridge and a master's degree in Education Technology from the University of British Columbia.
Paige was a public school teacher and reading specialist before turning to online teaching. She supported many teams at GOGOKID including marketing, operations, training, and quality assurance. Pedagogy (teaching methods and practice) is her specialty. She lives in Maryland, USA, and has her own business to help independent teachers deliver high-quality lessons that create loyal clients.