From Drawing To Illustration (2021 Edition)
What you'll learn
- Understand the basics of drawing people with anatomy and proportions
- Develop skills in drawing scenes with depth and perspective
- Give more life to your drawings
- Increase your appreciation of art
- Create completed art or illustrations with professional standards
- You should have either a set of common drawing tools such as a pencil, pen, and paper, OR a digital drawing tablet and drawing software such as Photoshop, GIMP, or Krita.
- If you are interested in the course only for art appreciation or understanding of technique then you should not need anything to enjoy the simple video lessons
- Aspiring artists should prepare an hour per day of free-time to practice the taught drawing techniques
Illustration is the first step to bringing the imagination to life, and in addition to being a cultural tradition it is also a useful tool for all walks of life.
If you have ever dreamed of being an artist, a professional illustrator or even just creating some great drawings to share with your friends - this course is for you. This course starts at the very basics of drawing characters from the imagination, and drawing scenes, and then moves on to the more advanced techniques of creating finished illustrations which will capture your audiences attention - and help bring your imagination into the world.
Non-artists who are art enthusiasts may also enjoy this course if you like "behind the scenes" type of videos, as these lessons will cover all basic techniques required to make professional illustrations.
Packed with hours of video lessons this course will help you to understand the fundamental knowledge required to draw engaging illustrations whether it be with pencil and paper or with a digital tablet. It is assumed that the student actually enjoys drawing but not required to have any drawing experience at all - since all necessary drawing techniques will be covered. If you are already an experienced artist you might like the well organized content with entertaining commentary and advanced tips and tricks.
Who this course is for:
- Good for beginner to intermediate artists
- No prior drawing experience required
- Non-artists can enjoy this course for art appreciation
- Aspiring artists can gain skills to make their art more professional
- This course does not teach software skills but pencil, paper, eraser, and pen are good enough to follow
- This course is intended to be fun and easy to follow and does not cover advanced, detailed topics
Brendon Schumacker is an accomplished artist and illustrator with experience in many art forms. Having drawn since a young age, Brendon has a lifetime of educational background in freehand art from various schools in USA and has studied along side with artists of varied backgrounds, giving him a diverse understanding of many illustration styles and techniques. He has published comics and children's books, has done multiple gallery openings, and has been doing freelance illustration and design for over 10 years. His instruction style is casual and entertaining while also being detailed in his examination of varied art techniques.