From Sketch Design to iOS App with Swift and Xcode
What you'll learn
- Build a cool app, starting with designing it in Sketch and then build it from start to finish with Swift and Xcode
- Customize UIKit components like CollectionViews
- Implement cool and custom transitions between ViewControllers
- Translate a UI design into a real app
- Understand and apply the basics of prototyping in Sketch
- Design user interfaces in Sketch
- Have a good understanding of the Swift programming language
- You should know your way around the Xcode IDE
- You should know the basics of Auto Layout
This course is going to guide you through the complete process of designing a cool iOS app and then also build it from start to finish.
If you want to create apps that stand out you need the ability to translate a great user interface design from its concept stage as wireframes, mockups or interactive prototypes into a fully functional app.
Among other things you will learn:
The fundamental iOS design principles
Basics of designing and prototyping in Sketch
How to design an app and then create it from start to finish
How to customize UIKit components like buttons, collection views or the navigation bar
How to work with custom views and xib files
How to create awesome transition animations: implementing a custom and animated view controller transition from a collection view cell to a new view controller
How to create simple animations
Become a more skilled developer
This course is suitable for you if you have already made your first experiences in building apps using Xcode and Swift. You won’t have to be an expert developer or an experienced designer. You will however learn a lot of useful tricks and techniques that will also broaden your general knowledge around the processes of designing and developing iOS apps with the powerful tools Sketch, Xcode and the Swift programming language.
Before writing our first line of code we are going to have a look at fundamental iOS design principles followed by a quick introduction into Sketch. Sketch is a powerful tool for designing and prototyping and after completing this course you will be able to design your own application with it. Before building a complete iOS app, we are going to make a solid development plan starting with an app idea, the design of several mockups followed by a the creation of a simple prototype. Not until then are we going to launch Xcode.
In the actual development part of this course you are going to setup the user interface in Interface Builder, work with a modern data model, customize different UIKit components, and even create an awesome custom animated transition between two view controllers. For more detailed information about the content of this course have a look at the curriculum and the free videos.
You get this course complete with all the necessary project files, so that you’ll be able to work alongside the author as you work through each concept. In addition you will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
Who this course is for:
- iOS developers who want to learn how to translate a UI design into a real app
- iOS developers who want to learn how to customize their apps
- iOS developers who want to learn the basics about designing with Sketch
- iOS developers who want to learn more about design and iOS design principles
- iOS developers who want to learn how to create custom ViewController transitions
Brian runs one of the largest YouTube channels on Swift development and has over a decade of experience developing software for different Apple platforms and consulting. Brian is an accomplished online trainer with thousands of students from around the world. His expertise is valued by many companies, universities, museums and government institutions.