From Couch Potato to Yogi: A Beginner's Guide to Yoga
What you'll learn
- You will gain a comprehensive understanding of what yoga is
- You will understand the 3 main components that make up "yoga"
- You will understand the importance of pranayama, or breath
- You will develop your breath and learn how to move with your breath
- You will practice a variety of breathing techniques
- You will gain an understanding of the importance of practicing yoga
- You will be able to move through a guided yoga asana practice
- You will improve your flexibility and strengthen your muscles
- You will understand why meditation is important in daily life
- You will practice a guided medtiation
- You should have either a mat or towel to practice on, although a yoga mat is recommended.
- You should dress in comfortable clothing that is stretchy for the best range of movement.
- If you have tight hips or hamstrings, it is recommended that you have a pillow, block or bolster to sit on for added comfort
- Please come with an open mind and a willingness to learn!
This course is designed for individuals at the beginner yoga level, and is aimed to get you from a couch potato to a yogi in no time. By the end of this course, you will have a basic understanding of what yoga is and why you should practice yoga. You will leave this course with a basic knowledge of breath development and meditation, as well as beginner level asana poses. By the time you finish this course, you will be able to practice a guided yoga class on your own or in a class setting. Throughout the course, you will experience increased flexibility, muscle strength and toning, improved sleep and overall well being. Get ready to feel amazing!
Who this course is for:
- If you are new to yoga
- If you are looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of pranayama, asana, and meditation
- If you are looking to become more active
- If you want to practice yoga on your own time from the comfort of your home
- This is a beginner level program, and is not designed for intermediate or advanced yoga practitioners, unless you are looking to learn yoga basics
I'm a yoga practitioner and teacher, writer, podcast host, lover of travel and learning. My goal is to help others to live a happier and healthier life and to inspire others to find their passion and follow their dreams. I seek to empower others through my yoga teaching and writing.