From China to Amazon - A LIVE case study and complete guide
What you'll learn
- Learn what steps you need to take before contacting suppliers
- Discover how to research regulations, materials and popular products.
- Understand how to filter out the clutter on Alibaba and other websites and find the best suppliers quickly.
- Get insight into how to evaluate what suppliers are worth contacting and how to avoid time wasters
- Learn to formulate emails and see the scripts I use to get the results you are looking for quickly
- Learn the best ways to calculate shipping costs and all other customs and duties to get accurate landing prices for delivery to your warehouse/fulfillment center.
- Take sourcing to the next level and discover how to save time with efficient data management.
- Learn how to use Manuel’s custom designed shopping list to exactly calculate your costs, profit margins and other metrics that help you to make the right decisions quickly. The shopping list makes the sourcing process more efficient and can be used for sourcing any product.
- Look over my shoulders on how I communicate with suppliers in China, check samples, list the product on Amazon, create a packaging, inspect the goods in China, ship it to Amazon USA and launch the product
- Find out how to get exclusivity agreements, sign purchase order contracts and get the best out of your product.
- For some bonus documents you will need Microsoft Office
- All you need is an Internet connection & a laptop/computer.
- Have the right mindset for entrepreneurial adventures!
- ideally you will have a little experience in sourcing or taken my first course (the beginners guide)
UPDATE 8th of MAY 2016: I have now sold over 340 units within 16 days since my launch on Amazon totalling over 10,000USD in sales.
Update 3rd of October 2016: Sold over 2500 pieces with a monthly profit of 3500$/month. Total sales of over 40,000$ with this product only!
Update 19th of October 2016: My product has sold over 3500 units and I am the Number 1 Bestseller in this very competitive category!!
Update 7th of February 2018: I have now sold over 20,000 units profiting me over 100,000US$ since launching this product nearly 2 years ago. Sales is still strong and an evergreen in my assortment.
Update 17th of February 2019: After selling this item (and others under this brand) for more than 3 years I have successfully sold this brand for a mid 6 figure completing this case study. Total profit for all items sold amounts to over 200,000$ & the amount I sold this brand for.
See all steps on how I did it within this course!
My name is Manuel and I have been importing from China for over 18 years while actually living in China for over 11 years now.
This course is unlike any other course that you can find anywhere online. It is THE only course that actually shows you a LIVE example on how to choose a product, contact suppliers in China, verify them, calculate margins and costs, place your order to the factory and private label your item on Amazon. Look over my shoulders on how I communicate with suppliers in China, check samples, list the product on Amazon, create a packaging, inspect the goods in China, ship it to Amazon USA and launch the product. See for yourself that the process works and look at my sales numbers. Find out how to get exclusivity agreements, sign purchase order contracts and get the best out of your product.
This is a step-by-step guide from the beginning to the end. See how I analyse suppliers feedback, test reports, which tools I use and how I make difficult decisions.
With my experience in working for a retailer for over 18 years and purchasing from China as a Product Manager based in Hong Kong for over 11 years you will learn how to safely procure a product in China and sell it successfully on Amazon.
Again, this is a REAL life study, investing my own money and documenting the entire case study with video, phone calls, pictures, templates and much much more. I reveal my actual product and supplier and show you the sales numbers on Amazon. No one else has ever done that. I am not afraid of competition or copycats revealing this as there are so many opportunities with other products and if I can do it so can you with this course.
I run my own sourcing company in Hong Kong, teach people how to import from China, author several books sold on Amazon and sell my own products on Amazon. Many “gurus” out there will only give you examples and techniques that “might work” but none of them have actually worked and lived in China, importing/exporting over 200Million USD like I have.
Follow me on this journey and become a successful importer and eCommerce Entrepreneur.
Who this course is for:
- anyone with an entrepreneurial mind and interested in the Import/Export Industry
- anyone who wants to import from China & sell your products from anywhere in the World
- FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) sellers
- eBay sellers
- Offline sellers (retail/wholesale) are also the perfect candidates for this course
My name is Manuel and I was born in Austria in a little town called Melk. For me Asia and its perks always fascinated me since I can remember. I remember watching Bruce Lee & Chinese movies as a kid and was hooked right away. My professional career started in 1998 when I worked for Austria's biggest DIY retailer (bauMax). I moved to Hong Kong in 2005 when I was offered a position as an intern to work for one of the biggest Sourcing Offices in Hong Kong with a staff over 200 people.
For more than 10 years I worked with the biggest retailers in the world on developing, sourcing and finding new products for them.
These retailers included: Metro, Rewe, OBI, Carrefour, Tesco, WalMart, Amazon, Auchan, Lowes, Sears, Homedepot and many others.
As you can imagine the big retailers expect their products to be more than just conform to standards and regulations when they purchase them in Asia. They need to be at the highest standard and quality. These retailers cannot afford to have a product re-call due to quality problems or defective components. These products need to be top-notch.
In those 10 years I got to know all the standards and product requirements there are and additionally gained a lot of experience and insight working with factories in China.
Not just that. I learned a lot about China, its culture & manufacturing. Where & how to find the best suppliers, how to negotiate and communicate with them, how to arrange business travel for my Customers and a lot more.
In the busiest seasons (April & October), I was accompanying up to 30 Buyers within a month to exhibitions, factories and showrooms to help negotiate, develop products and follow up the Buyer's requests after they were gone. I got to know all the tips & tricks you need to return home from your trip successfully.
I now have an Import/Export company based in Hong Kong that you can find under my links.
I also speak publicly at large events within Asia, Europe and North America. You can also find my content on podcasts, e-interviews and magazines. I run a blog that discusses everyday business, eCommerce and importing from China. Feel free to head over to my educational site mentioned in my profile.
I also have several courses here on Udemy discussing import from China, selling on Amazon and other eCommerce channels as well as certification and compliance to national standards and laws.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
All the best,