Freshbooks Accounting software
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course you will be able to complete various common functions using Freshbooks
- In this course you will learn how to:
- Add new customer details
- Produce a customer statement
- Post expenses
- Post Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare an estimate
- Prepare the VAT return
- Use time tracking
- Produce month end reports
- You will need access to Freshbooks in order to complete the assignment - but we'll explain how to get a free trial of the software in lecture 2
Freshbooks - Computerised Accounts
course is about how to use Freshbooks based on the most popular functions which you as a Freshbooks software operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) - to reinforce the learning
You'll learn how to set up a Freshbooks accounting system from scratch, how to post customer invoices and credit notes, enter expenses, petty cash, prepare estimates and use time tracking, do a VAT return, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the software,
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use Freshbooks for yourself.
You will need to have access to Freshbooks. You can sign up to the Freshbooks site to get a free trial. We give you the link in lecture one and show you how to do this. The instructor is usually online to answer student queries for 2 hours each day.
The course materials includes the handout of the assignment task.
The course will take about 1-2 hours to complete.
Who this course is for:
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who need to increase their skills set
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of Freshbooks
- Those who have studied accounting, but want practical knowledge of how to use a popular accounting software which will help them find employment
- Previous knowledge of accounting is not presumed or required
- Self employed people thinking of using Freshbooks for themselves
Lisa Newton BA MSc AAT has a masters degree in Investment Management and a first class honours degree in Accounting with Marketing. She formed her first company in 2004 with £150 in the same month of graduating from City University, London UK. Lisa has never had a full time 9 to 5 job in her life. She's a serial entrepreneur and author who holds directorships in various industries including telecoms, property management, publishing, hair & beauty as well as finance. She has won various awards in Business including: Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2007, in 2008 Enterprising Business Award, in 2016 BE Mogul Award and has been nominated and shortlisted in numerous others. In 2011 and in 2012 one of her companies won Best Accounting Franchisor Award. In 2015 and 2017 one of her companies won Best Bookkeeping Business London (Accountancy International Awards).
Lisa's books include: How to write a book in two weeks, Constant Cashflow, Make the most of your money, How to start your own bookkeeping business, Cosmic ordering with Vision Boards, How to Franchise Your Business and Quickbooks Online The Handbook. Some of the books are in audio-format on itunes and audible.
Lisa hosts her own show The Authors Podcast which can be found on the iTunes channel.
Lisa supports the charity The MS Society. A speaker, coach, consultant and an avid networker, Lisa enjoys meeting people and working on projects with like-minded individuals.
In her spare time, Lisa likes traveling, dancing salsa, writing books, learning languages, meditation, yoga and cosmic ordering.