French Fundamentals (Grammar)
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- French Grammar Fundamentals (Gender & Number for Determinants, Adjectives, Nouns, and Verbs)
- Introduction to Verbs and Verb Tenses (Present, Past, and Future Tenses)
- Sentences Structure and Formulation (Elements of a Sentence, Different Types of Sentences)
- You need to know some French. Here are some exercises you can try before taking this Beginner Adv class...
- [Exercise 1] Say out loud in French: the alphabet (A...Z), vowels, and numbers from 0 to 100 (bonus: to 1000)
- [Exercise 2] Pronounce these small sounds: é, è, ê, ou, on, oi, in, ui, en/an, au/eau, eu. For each of them, name a few French words containing it.
- [Exercise 3] Name basic French words (as many as you can) for: colors, food, animals, office items, places in a city, moments of the day, days of the week, months, seasons
- [Exercise 4] Find the meaning of these sentences (and pronounce them): "Comment vas-tu aujourd'hui?", "J'aime beaucoup le fromage.", "Je suis content pour toi."
• Each lecture focuses on 1 key topic with 2 to 5 subtopics which are outlined in the Table of Contents presented in the beginning of the lecture.
• For each concept that I teach: I give you straight-to-the-point rules which are analyzed in a step by step manner and illustrated by useful examples.
• Along with each lecture, practical exercises (50+ quiz questions in total) are proposed to permit the immediate use of what has been studied. Also, supplemental material (such as lecture notes and further readings) is provided to enhance and deepen your knowledge.
• The concepts are presented and taught in a logical way with each section using the knowledge gained from the previous ones.
This course is the result of many iterations of teaching these fundamental concepts and my own reflection of "what are the most important concepts to learn?" to achieve French grammar proficiency (and perhaps, one day, write your own French novel like I did).
- Students (with some basic French knowledge) wanting to learn the Fundamentals of French Grammar
- Students aiming to use these Fundamental French Grammar concepts to improve their reading, writing, and speaking
- Students who are eager to learn, practice, and improve!