French Language Course for Beginners : From Scratch to A1.1
What you'll learn
- The fundamentals of French
- Memorize basic vocabulary like the numbers, the days, the months, the weather, etc
- Learn grammar rules to use basic structures correctly
- Practice pronunciation and phonetics
- Build short sentences
- Ask and answer simple questions
- Discover French songs and singers
- This is a total beginner class, no previous knowledge is needed
- Enthusiasm and seriousness
- A pen and a notebook might be useful
The course teaches you the fundamentals of French
(level A1.1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
It is meant for absolute beginners with English as a native tongue.
We will start from the very beginning and progress slowly, constantly re-using what we learn and practicing various types of exercises (repetitions, translations, dictations, reading, audios, etc...) for you to be active and so that you don't forget what you learn.
You will learn so many things in this course, after taking it, you will be able to :
- Greet, say goodbye and introduce yourself
- Give basic information about yourself
- Talk about some of your activities
- Ask for personal information
- Give and receive directions
- Talk about your city
- Give your impressions
- Etc ...
I am the instructor : Benoit, a native 15-years experienced teacher as French as a foreign language.
In this course, you will find material like:
Powerpoint slides with grammar descriptions
Videos for phonetics explanations
Audio and oral exercises to practice your listening and pronunciation
Lessons in PDF file to download
And also quizzes, printable pdf documents to complete and sum up the lectures
A few French songs to study
So don't waste more time and take your first steps in French with me now.
À bientôt ;)
Who this course is for:
- Any english speaking beginner
- Anyone who would like to refresh his/her knowledge of basic French
- Do not take the course if you just want to learn sentences by heart
- Do not take the course if you do not want to learn any grammar
Hello! My name is Benoit, I am 44 and I was born in France. I have been teaching French for almost 15 years now. I taught French in the European Institutions in Brussels, in universities and "Alliance Française" in Mexico, where I have lived for the past ten years.
I have always wanted to teach in a pleasant way and give interesting classes, so I started to use a lot of game in my courses (some I bought and turned into pedagogical tools, others I built myself). Students love to play and learn. I enjoy it too.
Although it is not really possible to use games in an online class with videos, I tried to conceive attractive lessons with varied supports like cartoon animations, powerpoint slides, talking-head videos and audio exercises.
I hope they will help you to learn French and enjoy yourself too.
Don't hesitate to try it, I'm sure you'll love it!
Hola, mi nombre es Benoit, tengo 44 años y soy francés. Ya tengo 15 años como maestro de francés y enseñé en varios tipos de instituciones como el Parlamento europeo, universidades, colegios, escuelas privadas, etc. Desde 2009, vivo en México y trabajo en una Alianza Francesa.
Siempre uso juegos en mis clases, para que el aprendizaje sea más divertido (unos juegos que compré y cambié en herramientas didácticas y otros que concebí yo mismo). A los alumnos, les encanta jugar y aprender.
Aunque no sea posible usar juegos en mis cursos en linea, intenté crear clases divertidas con material variado, como animaciones, diapositivas de Powerpoint, vídeos y ejercicios audios.
Espero te ayuden para aprender y divertirte también.
No dudes en probarlo, estoy seguro que te encantará.