- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to get all your “ducks in a row” before taking the plunge as a freelancer.
- Learn the 10 essential questions you should ask yourself before making the final decision.
- How to set up the business entity, as an individual, company, LLP, etc.
- Creating your image, and “setting out your stall” – logo, website, your image to the outside world.
- Where to find funding and how to ensure that you don’t bit off more than you can chew.
- The all-important “Business Plan” and why it’s essential for everyone, to minimise the whole venture ending in tears.
- How to deal with day-to-day money dealings; invoices, chasing payments and the yearly accounts.
- Marketing tips where you can actually start getting clients while still at your current organisation.
- How to deal with working at home or away from a team of others; what to do if you get downhearted.
- How to start a completely new business as an entrepreneur, offering the world a new service or product.
- You will need the ability to believe in yourself, to understand the transferrable skills you have and have the imagination to see yourself as a successful freelancer.
- You need to know that everything changes in this world, and that even if you work at a successful organisation at present, things can change fast with a takeover or other issue. You need to want to be in control of your future, not at the whim of a boss who could fire you.
- You need to have a notebook and pen to write down practicalities of what you’ve learnt and understood. Plus a quiet room to watch the videos where you are undisturbed.
- You need a willingness to open your mind and learn!
So many people are stuck in 9 to 5 jobs slaving away for big organisations, it's like being in prison. They CAN quit of course, but the they lose their home and their car gets repossessed. So, they are in a prison of work. Their only hope of progression is to wait until the company’s next “pay review” or constantly look out for similar jobs in other organisations. But THAT isn’t escaping…that’s just being transferred to another prison!
TRUE freedom is when you are totally in charge of your own destiny. When your workload, ideas and creativity are truly rewarded.
Where there's no boss snarling down your neck and you don’t have to fill in a silly form just to be able to go to a hospital appointment.
You’re free of office politics, you can have whatever desk you like with as many photos on it as you like and you can take breaks or vacations when YOU want.
This is the life of a FREELANCER. You may have considered it before but been scared by the uncertainty of it all.
But look... you’ve got a set of skills; it’s all about monetising them. You could continue doing a very similar job as a freelancer for more cash and more flexibility or you could explore a more entrepreneurial path starting up a brand new company with a hot new service or product.
I left a huge organisation many years ago, a little bit uncertain about what would happen but I have been a very successful freelancer and things are just getting better all the time. I would never, ever, join a big organisation again, ever! There’s an old adage, “nobody ever got rich by working for other people”. That is SO true!!
On my new training course, I explain everything you need to know so you can make that all-important decision to go freelance.
There is no filler or “obvious” stuff here; after viewing just 2 hours of video material, you will have a notepad full of points you will have learnt and a head brimming with ideas. What’s more you will know in what direction to turn to ensure you hit the ground running.
From the course, you’ll learn…is the time right now? Is it best to wait a little bit? And then when it IS time to go, where will you get the finance from?
How do you set up a company, how do you do the marketing? What happens if you lose your Mojo and depression sets in with nobody to share your problems with?
Through the different video lessons, I’ll be explaining how you set up becoming freelance, either doing a similar job to the one you did before, or something completely different, maybe treading the path of an entrepreneur.
I’ll tell you how to set up your business structure, how to grow your client list with some marketing tips and to take your business from success to success.
Click the link now and find out more about this exciting new course. I look forward to seeing you on the inside.
- Anybody who is a staff employee who wants to “escape” the rat race of climbing the corporate ladder, the inflexibity of working hours, the hassle of daily commuting, and wants to take control back of their lives.
- The course would also offer solid information for college or university leavers who want to start their business careers doing it by themselves, rather than applying for “jobs” like most other people.
Asking yourself if you wish to be a freelancer for the right reasons.
Doing the essentials before taking the plunge; creating your image, offering, website and domain.
Dealing with the curse of procrastination and the best way to use your “To Do” list!