Freelance Copywriting: How To Succeed As An Elite Copywriter
What you'll learn
- Know how much to charge for every writing job.
- Get your first freelancing job.
- Attract the best-paying clients.
- Know exactly how much you should - and could - earn as a copywriter.
- Distinguish between low-paying grunt work and highly skilled jobs clients will pay good money for.
- Use ready-made templates for presenting a professional image to your clients.
- This is an elite course for people who are already writing regularly.
- Students will need to be good writers - this is NOT a course about how to write.
- Students will need to be fluent in English.
Would you like to quit your day job as a writer to become a freelance?
Or are you already a freelance writer but you're struggling to find clients?
Maybe you've had some success as a writer but you'd like to find more and better-paying freelance writing jobs?
I've been writing professionally for more than two decades and, in that time, I've learned all there is to know about building a successful freelance writing career. This course lifts the lid on exactly what it takes to be a successful freelance copywriter. It's packed with proven tips for building a business from your writing talent.
I created the course out of a desire to give something back to a profession that's given me so much. I've lost count of the number of times fellow writers have told me I've got a real knack for negotiating great rates with clients. This knack stems from my firm inner belief that writing is highly skilled work that deserves to be rewarded well.
That's why I'm always here for my students. When you sign up for this course, you won't just get a stack of great info and templates. You'll also have a writer's champion right by your side.
Not sure what to quote on that job a client's asked you to pitch for? Struggling to find new writing gigs? Stuck in a rut with clients who don't seem to value what you do? Whatever's on your mind, message me through the course and we'll thrash out your options together.
If you want to earn more from your writing talent, enrol today and I'll show you how to:
- Calculate your writing day rate with a simple formula
- Discover what other writers are charging for their work
- Price any writing job accurately
- Find the highest-paying writing jobs (and avoid the lowest ones)
- Identify the writing niche that suits you best
- Break free of badly paying 'content mill' writing
- Land more - and better - writing jobs
- Pitch your work to editors
- Market yourself as a writer
- Present a slick, professional image to current and potential clients
- Protect yourself from nightmare writing jobs
Along with a wealth of tips and advice, you'll get the following free templates to download and adapt for your own use:
- Enquiry email for when you're looking for work
- Copywriting briefing form - the must-have tool for producing a brilliant first draft for any job
- Copy deck - for presenting your work to clients in a stand-out professional format
- Contract with terms and conditions specific to writers
- Invoice - to increase your chances of swift payment
- Client feedback form - for gathering those glowing client testimonials
I'm confident you'll return to this course again and again throughout your freelance writing career. But in the unlikely event that you're not satisfied, you can take advantage of Udemy's 30-day, no-questions-asked money-back guarantee.
Sign up now - and let's get you the freelance career - and income - you deserve!
Who this course is for:
- Exceptional writers who want to earn a good living by writing high-quality copy.
- Anyone already working as an employed copywriter who would like to make the leap into freelancing.
- Existing freelance writers who want to earn more money and find better-paying clients.
- Students who've completed a beginners' course on copywriting on Udemy and want to move to the next stage.
- This course is NOT for you if you're an unskilled amateur who thinks writing is an easy way to make a quick buck.
- This is NOT for you if you don't already know how to write great copy.
A University of Cambridge tutor. A professional copywriter.
WINNER OF UDEMY'S AWARD 2019 FOR STUDENT SUCCESS
University of Cambridge tutor Dr Clare Lynch is an expert writer with decades of experience.
Clare hasn’t simply edited the work of other journalists at elite publications, such as The Financial Times. She’s also herself a hugely successful copywriter in her own right.
What's more, in October 2019, Udemy bestowed their Student Success award on Clare for her dedication to her Udemy students.
20+ years of writing experience
In her 20+ year career, Clare has crafted copy from scratch for elite clients in a wide range of fields, including lifestyle, retail, property, tech, pharma, finance and government.
Over the course of that career, Clare has honed her techniques for getting under any reader’s skin – and crafting messages that instantly resonate with the target audience. Techniques she now shares with over 28,000 students on Udemy.
Clare’s experience as a writer embraces a huge range of writing formats and styles – including case studies, white papers, feature articles, direct mail campaigns, web content, ad copy, video scripts, CEO speeches and brand messaging.
A blogging expert
And as the author of the popular blog Good Copy, Bad Copy, Clare herself has attracted hundreds of thousands of readers to her own writing. Good Copy, Bad Copy has been named on Copyblogger's list of 15 copywriting and content marketing blogs that will make you more money.
An award-winning teacher
What’s more, Clare has a PhD in English Literature and teaches at the University of Cambridge. She’s also a qualified and highly experienced corporate trainer.
So Clare isn’t merely an expert at her craft. She also knows how to communicate her expertise in a way that’s memorable, entertaining and addictively engaging.
That's why, in October 2019, Udemy bestowed their Student Success award on Clare for her dedication to her Udemy students.
“She is an incredible teacher that has a special unique ability of keeping her students minds engaged and hanging on her every word.” - BRAD MACE, UDEMY STUDENT
Take a look at some of the clients who've benefited from Clare's expertise:
Aberdeen Asset Management
European Banking Authority
European Central Bank
The Financial Times
Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
King's College, Cambridge
Language Centre, University of Cambridge
Mavens of London
Misys International Banking Systems Ltd
Prudential UK and Europe
Royal Bank of Scotland
TowerBrook Capital Partners
Tradition (interdealer brokers)