F.R.E.E. Your Tongue
What you'll learn
- Upon completion of this course you will have a professional evaluation and recommendation for frenectomy release from a preferred provider.
- Full confidence that you will heal with zero to minimal re-restrictive scar tissue formation.
- Must have a diagnosed tongue tie and basic knowledge of what that means.
- Self-motivation and learning with audio and written direction is key.
A basic course for anyone who needs to work with a myofunctional therapist prior to obtaining a frenectomy or tongue tie release surgery. Myofunctional therapy is essential in obtaining a full and optimal tongue tie release. This course contains guided audio and photos to aid students in achieving an official recommendation for frenectomy by the instructing myofunctional therapist.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone age 5-99 planning to have a frenectomy in the next few weeks or months or already scheduled frenectomy no sooner than 2 weeks from desired course start date.
As a mother of four, I honestly can admit that I was absolutely oblivious to orofacial myofunctional disorders. Yet, they affected each of my children in various ways! My home was literally flooded with a dysfunction that I was unaware of and that no one ever pointed out. I suffered in relative silence with children that snored, wet the bed until age 9, sleep walked, were frequently congested, allergic, unable to breastfeed, diagnosed with ADHD and had sensory processing issues. The pediatrician disregarded, medicated or avoided judgement on it. So I waited it out for years, hoping they would either grow out of their various problems or become stable and manage their dysfunctional life. Until one day, I brought my children in for their cleanings in my new pediatric dental office. Suddenly, it all came together and I was rapidly into a world that was overwhelming and enlightening. As a hygienist, it was mind blowing to know that various things I saw all too often in my dental chair all had a similar origin. I dove deep into the ocean of orofacial myology and enveloped my encounters with patients and (sometimes) strangers in educating others about the subtle ways OMDs are affecting their homes. Improper oral resting posture no longer has a place in my home and I work diligently daily in hopes that one day it will no longer reside in any other homes. I am a dental hygiene graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry NJ, and a proud IAOM orofacial myology certification course graduate of the incomparable Sandra Holtzman. I look forward to sharing my knowledge with you and helping you achieve your healthy home.