Free WordPress Dot Com for Beginners
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Ultimately, you will have a functioning blog or website.
- You will understand the difference between WordPress dot com and WordPress dot org
- You will learn how to create a free WordPress dot com account and navigate what is often seen as a complicated dashboard
- You will learn to put content on blog posts and pages and learn why to use one over the other.
- You will learn how to create an optimize blog post
- You will learn how to upload pictures for use on the site as well as access other free sources of graphics
- You will learn how to moderate comments and ensure that you are notified properly of any incoming comments
- You will learn how to put sharing and publicize functionality in place to help network with readers
- You will learn the various roles of people on your site and the advantages of all groups of people from users to subscribers.
- You will learn how to ensure that your site is set up to work with you instead of against you.
- You will understand how to create a custom menu
- You will learn how to assign widgets to sidebar and footer areas of your site.
- You will learn how to change the fonts, colors and graphics for your site.
- You will learn what paid functionality is available to WordPress dot com users
- You will learn how to choose a theme that suits your needs and organize the content to suit the theme.
- Free WordPress Dot Com for beginners is truly for the beginner. You simply need a computer with a connection to the internet and a a desire share your thoughts on a blog or website.
Whether you’re looking to start a blog or put together a website for your small business, figuring out how to actually get going can feel like a tall task.
But it doesn’t have to be.
In “Wordpress Dot Com for Beginners,” you’ll learn everything you need to know to get a website up and running on the free version of Wordpress. The course includes 25 easy-to-understand videos that guide you through each step, from creating an account to setting up your site to publishing your first post.
Your instructor is Barb Drozdowich, an author and consultant who has been teaching since 1986. She has published 18 books on a variety of techy topics and currently manages 8 different blogs. She has several online courses and 50+ YouTube videos, all focusing on making technology easier for beginners to understand.
When you sign up for “Wordpress Dot Com for Beginners,” you’ll get immediate access to more than 3 hours of content covering topics such as:
Setting up your Wordpress Dot Com account
The difference between pages and posts and how to publish content on them
A walk-through of 4 different themes and how to use them on your website
How to manage comments and give other people access to your website
What are widgets and how can they improve your site
There are even a few freebies and plenty of other resources along the way to set you up for success.
If you’ve made the decision to launch your own website, don’t let the technology scare you away. Sign up today and start publishing your content in no time!
- Beginners who are interested in exploring the world of WordPress dot com
- People who are interested in creating their own website or blog and want to learn more about using the free version of WordPress dot com
Learn what you are going to learn and who is going to teach it to you! Find out if this course is the course for you.
Learn the difference between WordPress dot com and WordPress dot org so that you can make an educated decision regarding which you want to use to run your new website or blog.
Themes are the way the look and feel of a website or blog is controlled. From the layout of content to the fonts and colors, choosing a theme is often seen as an overwhelming decision. In this video we take a high level look at the subject of themes. This should serve as an orientation. Your homework is to virtually wander through this section and explore the themes that are available.
Learn how to add pictures and other graphics, documents, audio and video to your growing WordPress site. Learn how to access free sources of pictures to use in blog posts and pages. And for homework, practice loading pictures from your computer and if appropriate connect your Google account to access pictures from that location.