Free Ultimate Beginners Guitar Lessons - Part 1
- No skills required
- Borrow or purchase a guitar and picks which I will help you with
- Practice Makes Perfect
Welcome to the Ultimate Beginners Guitar Lessons - Part 1. These are free guitar lessons for the beginner of any age.
With these lessons you'll learn how to play guitar the right way, and see progression daily which always makes learning exciting, with over 4 hours and more than 50 lessons we guarantee you immediate results with this professionally designed step-by-step course that's fun and easy for all ages. You'll get everything you need to know as a beginner guitarist and discover how to play songs in minutes.
You will never feel rushed, get stuck or find a new skill too hard. With over 50 step-by-step lessons moving through each level is a breeze.
You will be playing your favorite songs straight away. With this new teaching method, each lesson is based around learning with songs to build and master all the techniques, so practice never feels like a chore.
You can learn anywhere, anytime on all platforms with access 24/7 and talk to an expert whenever you need, just leave a comment and we will get back to you with a quick response.
Your teacher Michael has been playing for 30 years and teaching one-on-one with students for 20, and over that time has seen the struggles beginners can have when they play guitar, so he developed a tried and tested step-by-step course for absolute beginners that will get the results you have always desired.
As An Added Bonus all the guitar lessons have multiple camera angles so you can see exactly what each hand is doing with onscreen TAB all with an easy to follow arrow with printable lesson materials so you can access them any time.
What you get in the course:
The first part you focus on the guitar fundamentals. Michael will start by talking you through selecting the best beginner guitar, guitar picks, guitar strap, guitar tuner and the best choices for you. You will learn the parts of an acoustic and an electric guitar and how to set up your amplifier.
Michael will explore your correct posture, how to hold your pick and hand placement, correct guitar tuning techniques and all the skills a student needs to know before they start playing guitar. These steps are very important when first starting out and often overlooked by teachers with less experience.
Now the fun part. We get straight into playing. Michael knows you need to get a feel for the guitar first, so you start with reading TAB and playing on 1 string with 1 finger and we develop that skills with songs so you are playing straight away, from this point we take small steps learning new techniques and practising those skills with songs. Using this method you'll be amazed at how fast you progress with your playing on an acoustic or an electric guitar. Learning a technique and applying that to songs is the best way to learn how to play guitar.
Michael has seen guitar for beginners courses that begin with chords and scales, this is simply wrong. Through years of teaching beginners he understands it can be quite frustrating and takes a long time before you can see any progress in your playing because it is just too hard to start with these techniques. At essential guitar lessons we want you to get the right start.
If you learn guitar the right way our step-by-step learning method will fast track your guitar playing by months as a beginner and years as you progress through to the advanced courses we have built. This is the best place to start for all beginners no matter what style of guitar playing you like.
"I've always loved teaching students how to play guitar and hope you enjoy this course as much as I did creating it."
Thanks Michael Warren - Creating Musicians Since 1997
- Complete beginner guitarist of all ages that want to learn the right way that's fun, easy and gets them the best start possible.
- Introduction to this free course and what to expect in these lessons
- What guitar to buy as a beginner
- What pick to buy as a beginner and what it's used for
- How to put your guitar strap on
- What tuner to buy as a beginner
- What capo to buy and what it does
- What is a guitar stand and why we use them
- Conclusion to what you need to buy as a beginner
- Introduction to the anatomy of the guitar
- The anatomy of an acoustic guitar
- The anatomy of an electric guitar without a whammy bar
- The anatomy of an electric guitar with a whammy bar
- The anatomy to your amp and how to set it up
- Conclusion to the anatomy of the guitar
- Introduction to posture, hand placement and how to hold your pick
- How to sit with your guitar
- How to hold your pick and right arm placement on the guitar
- How to hold your left hand on the guitar
- How to stand with your guitar
- Conclusion to posture, hand placement and how to hold your pick
- Introduction to how to tune the guitar
- How to name the strings of a guitar
- How to tune your guitar a quick guide
- Flats,sharps and how to move around the neck of the guitar
- The Chromatic Scale
- How to tune your guitar
- Conclusion to tuning the guitar
- Introduction to reading TAB, and easy guitar songs using 1 string and 1 finger
- How each lesson is laid out
- How to read TAB and what it is
- An easy guitar song using 1 string and 1 finger and your first song
- 1 string 1 finger and 3 more songs
- 1 string 1 finger and another 3 songs
- 1 string 1 finger, final 3 songs
- How to practice the guitar as a beginner
- Conclusion to TAB, practice and your first 10 songs
- Introduction to 1 string 3 fingers
- 1 string 3 fingers how to and your 1st 3 songs
- 1 string 3 fingers and 3 more songs
- 1 string 3 fingers, final 4 songs
- Conclusion to 1 string 3 finger songs
- Introduction to 1 string 4 finger songs and muting strings
- How to stop the other strings from ringing
- 1 string 4 finger songs
- Conclusion to 1 string 4 fingers
- Introduction to 2 string songs and hand stretches
- Playing on 2 strings using all your fingers and your 1st 4 songs
- Playing on 2 strings using all your fingers and 3 more songs
- Playing on 2 strings using all your fingers, final 3 songs
- Hand stretches for the beginner guitarist
- Conclusion to 2 string songs and hand stretches
- Introduction to 3 string songs
- Playing on 3 strings using all your fingers and your 1st 4 songs
- Playing on 3 strings using all your fingers and 3 more songs
- Playing on 4 strings using all your fingers, final 3 songs
- Conclusion to course - Part 1
I’ve been playing guitar for over 30 years and teaching for over 20. During that time I have taught hundreds of students and refined my teaching method to fast track your guitar playing.
I started playing piano at the age of 6 and played for about 4 years, then through friends I discovered the guitar.
I took lessons at the local music shop for a few years and then started playing classical guitar which I studied for over 7 years at Trinity College of Music London and sat all the exams required. Throughout that time, I played around Australia and other parts of the world in cover bands and original bands.
Then in my early twenty’s I discovered a love for teaching. I started with a few friends and grew from there and have been doing that full time for 20 years.
Over the years, I was lucky enough to be able to write jingles for commercials, I also appeared in a Snickers extreme add and worked on the music for the movie Queen of the damned. But I’ve always came back to teaching I loved seeing the joy on students faces when they learnt a new technique or we worked through a problem they were having with their playing.
I know the courses I have put together are the most comprehensive online today so I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed creating these fun, easy to follow step-by-step lessons that allow you to build your skills at your own pace, and I look forward to seeing you progress your playing.
Essential Guitar Lessons - Creating Musicians Since 1997