FREE TASTER: The 'Total Immersion' Swimming Technique
- Ability to swim 25 meters
- Motivation to learn and improve
The Ultra-Efficient Freestyle Complete Self-Coaching Course will teach you to swim a dramatically more efficient freestyle—and transform you into your own most effective swim instructor and coach.
This is an introductory free course which teaches you the techniques of "Torpedo" and "Superman", and gives you a taster of what the main course is like. It also contains the introductions for each of the main sections, covering what you are going to learn on the course.
In the full course (which is available elsewhere on Udemy - see the last lecture for an exclusive discount code) you will learn . . . the proven advantages of:
Saving energy over trying to build endurance.
Letting conditioning 'happen' while you improve the skills that matter.
Achieving comfort, body control, and weightlessness before any other skill
Making your body 'slippery' (reducing drag) over increasing power.
Learning technique holistically—so all body parts work in seamless harmony.
Swimming a short distance with effortless ease and crisp form before swimming farther.
The most effective and fastest-acting skill drills.
Practicing over working out.
In the full course your self-coaching tools would include
A 140-page, richly-illustrated ebook that explains—in simple language--the biomechanics and fluid dynamics affect your (land-adapted) body as it moves through water, and the freestyle techniques that minimize common problems and take advantage of natural forces like body mass, gravity, and buoyancy.
Fifteen downloadable videos. Fourteen illustrate essential mini-skills and how to learn them. The fifteenth is a detailed study of the whole stroke. All videos show every important angle, above and below water, in full and slow motion.
A Companion Workbook. This provides detailed guidance—what and how to do, what to avoid doing, how long and how many repetitions, key focal points—for each of the mini-skills and the whole stroke.
An Image Gallery of all key positions and timing to print out and take to the pool for reference, or study poolside on your phone or tablet.
You can complete the whole course in . . . 15 to 30 hours of practice, distributed over two or more months.
The full course is structured as . . . Four major learning modules, each teaching an essential efficiency skill. Each module consists of up to four steps or mini-skills—some of which can be learned in 15 to 30 minutes. Do a brief segment of drill or mini-skill work, then a segment of whole-stroke to integrate and consolidate that skill.
Why take this course? You will not only become a strikingly more comfortable, confident, and skilled swimmer. You will also become a passionately-curious student of swimming.
Who this course is for:
- Improvement-minded swimmers: Improve continuously and learn for life.
- Novice to experienced Triathletes or multi-sporters: Swim comfortably, confidently and faster than ever—with more energy for the bike and run.
- Distance, open water, and fitness swimmers who have plateaued or felt uninspired: Boost your improvement and enjoy swimming more than ever.
- Runners seeking a low-impact fitness option. Learn and improve while recovering for your next run.
- Total Immersion enthusiasts: Receive guidance from TI Founder Terry Laughlin.
- This course is not designed for non-swimming beginners.
- 02:43Welcome from Terry Laughlin
- 03:21What is Total Immersion Swimming?
- 04:18What you will learn in this course
- 04:14How to get the most from the course
The Expert Academy is a specialist creator, publisher and distributor of high-quality online courses. We bring together leading experts from around the world so you can learn from the best.
Our experts will teach you skills that will have an immediate positive impact on your life. We help you learn from the very best.