First steps in Reflexology
What you'll learn
- Access a broad, basic and brief introduction to Reflexology
- A brief background to Reflexology
- The difference between foot massage and Reflexology
- What are the benefits of Reflexology ?
- What happens in a Reflexology treatment?
- Research and links to the systematic reviews that demonstrate benefits of Reflexology.
- Reflexology and palliative care .
- Demonstration of two techniques used in Reflexology
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Brief self-treatment
- Students will need internet access, PC or other device to access the material.
- Students will require some items and products to practice Reflexology on their own feet.
Hi and welcome to this short, introduction to Reflexology course. Reflexology is a wonderful relaxing therapy that provides specialised techniques to the feet, hands and face that release tension along meridian channels and aims to restore balance to brain, body, being. This course focuses upon the feet and therapy can be applied to your own feet. This introductory course provides students around an hour of learning and access to short bite sized lessons.
This course is a first step on a pathway of progressive learning and is a pre-requisite to the next levels of learning. You will gain a broad, basic and brief introduction to this wonderful holistic therapy that has been shown to promote deep relaxation, aid restorative sleep, ease pain and tension, improve vitality and support long term well-being, making it perhaps one of the best therapies to include in your daily lifestyle activities.
This course includes
A brief history and background to Reflexology
The difference between foot massage and Reflexology
What happens in a treatment?
Benefits of Reflexology
Research and links to the systematic reviews that demonstrate benefits of Reflexology.
Reflexology and palliative care
added - basic anatomy and physiology
Demonstration of brief self-treatment
Demonstration of two techniques used in Reflexology
Pdf course supportive booklet
How is this course is delivered to you
This course comes to you in a voice over video and a demonstration of the two techniques, along with the pdf reading material.
I invite you to enrol onto this first steps in reflexology course, I look forward to welcoming you and taking you through your first steps of learning. I do hope you find the course enjoyable, informative and useful. So come along, enrol now and get started on your progressive learning pathway. This course is a pre-requisite of the professional Reflexology diploma course; please note our professional qualification does require a small fee paid in advance of the release of our professional therapist qualification, do not hesitate to enquire about this.
Note: from time to time our courses undergo review and may be updated and so the contents may vary to your original enrolment this is only to serve to improve the student experience.
Who this course is for:
- This course will be of interest to thos looking to learn natural and holistic therapies to aid vitality and well-being.
- This course is a starting point for students who would like to begin a progressive pathway of becoming a professional qualified Reflexology
Providing a range of holistic practitioner training courses to students interested in learning how to look after themselves, their family, friends and potentially develop a business and receive paying clients.
Please ensure you read course information fully and note any pre-requisites that must be fulfilled; course requisites are obligator without prejudice. Also note our certifications, for our worldwide, highly acclaimed, recognised qualifications, has a separate fee, payable in advance of release of the qualification.
Our professional qualified courses are recognised, by our partner insurance company, for which you will require our certifications; other fees apply for professional therapist insurance. Also students can request addition to our professional membership register and therapist directory and gain support therein.
Our courses have been approved by the IICT however they will only accept our certifications if you have attended in person training which we do not provide - our training is all on line as provided.
Our organisation provides:
1. Education and Training to students internationally
2. Some courses are for information only
3. Access to professional membership with the British Holistic Therapy Organisations or British Reiki Organisation (other, separate fees apply)
4. Access to professional therapist insurance with out partner organisation, which is now available to students internationally (other, separate fees apply)
(Please note wherever in the video lessons 'Calm Oasis Holistic Therapy' is stated it is now 'Calm Oasis International')
Please note the public business is being retired to remove the maritime, legal state. This is being replaced by private status with a new name. As such this will reflect on our platforms. This is to bring us into the jurisdiction of Common Law, under British Constitution reflected in commonwealth countries, and we commit to our standing under Common Law state to do no harm, cause no injury or loss with remedy under the Common law.