Create a 3-Tier Application Using Azure Virtual Machines
- Have a Free or Paid Account on the Azure Portal
- Willingness to Learn by Doing
BRAND NEW COURSE - May 28 2018
This course is designed so that you can follow along! As I create a Virtual Machine using the Azure Portal, you can be doing the exact same steps yourself! Pause the video if you need to, or run it at double speed, the choice is up to you!
In this course, we create a traditional 3-tier application structure inside Microsoft Azure. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Create a Windows VM using the Azure Portal
- Create a Windows VM using Powershell and ARM Templates
- Create a Linux VM using the Azure Portal
- Create a Linux VM using CLI and ARM Templates
- Create a Public-facing Load Balancer, and configure it to work with web servers
- Create an Internal-only Load Balancer, and configure it to work with application servers
- Create an Azure SQL Database
- Create a Secondary SQL Database, for failover in case the primary goes down
- Set up Automatic Failover so that Azure monitors the state of your database for you
There's a lot going on! And learn it all in around 90 minutes!
Microsoft Azure is one of the hottest cloud computing platforms that there is. They consistently announce growth over 90% year over year, and have done that for years. It's time for you to learn cloud computing and Microsoft Azure. Yes, there are other platforms out there that you can learn. And I recommend you learn more than one. But why not give yourself a few hours this afternoon to learn Azure and experience this amazing platform.
The skills you learn today will stay with you for years to come and help you grow in your career.
Who this course is for:
- Do you Want to Learn Microsoft Azure for Free?
- Do you Want to Create Windows or Linux Virtual Machines Easily?
- Do you Want to Create Public or Internal Load Balancers?
- Would you Like to Create an Azure SQL Database with Failover Policy?
Hi there, my name is Scott Duffy. And I love making complex technical topics easy to understand.
This has been the basis of my entire career – as a developer, as a development manager, as a software architect – over the past 20 years. I spend half my time in the world of business, explaining complex technical topics to business owners and stakeholders so that they can understand and agree with my approach to solving their business problems with technical solutions. And the other half with developers, explaining the business reasons behind decisions and ensuring that any decisions made on the technical side don't restrict the business in unexpected ways.
And I'm here on Udemy to teach what I know in an approachable way. I started teaching courses in 2014, and have taught over 800,000 students. I am grateful every day for being able to connect with so many students in almost every country around the world.
I'm a certified Enterprise Architect and certified cloud architect. I have been developing with Microsoft technologies for 20 years, starting with Classic ASP, and all the versions of .NET. We now live in the cloud era, with Microsoft Azure being prevalent in most large enterprises. I'm certified as an Azure Architect and Developer too. As well as AWS Solution Architect Associate (SAA).
Microsoft MVP Award winner for 2022.
SoftwareArchitect-ca provides quality online training about Enterprise Architecture and Microsoft Azure. Whether you are just starting out, or are a grizzled veteran in the field, Software Architect provides courses to help you take your career to the next level.
SoftwareArchitect-ca is run by Scott Duffy, who is a TOGAF 9 Certified architect and trainer. Scott's consulting company, Little Oliver Consulting, is a member of The Open Group architecture forum, which helps set the standards for the future.
Scott is also Azure certified as a Developer and Architect.
TOGAF is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.