Fraud investigations and Forensic Audit
What you'll learn
- Know principles on human behaviour in relation with fraud
- Set a comprehensive antifraud program
- Conduct a fraud examination
- Understand the forensic auditor contribution to fraud investigations
- No prerequisites to take the course
In this course, you will understand the motivations that drive individuals to commit fraud and the barriers that deter them from doing so.
How to build a comprehensive anti-fraud program to integrate the aspects of fraud prevention, detection and deterrence and the relevant pieces thereof.
The difference between organized crime and occupational fraud, and the implications of facing one situation or another.
The means of identifying alleged fraud, the relationship between reporting and monitoring mechanisms, as well as the actions prior to a formal fraud investigation that the organization may take.
Then we will look at the initial assessment of complaints and the decision whether or not to move forward with an investigation.
The integration of the multidisciplinary research team, as well as the way to coordinate it in pursuit of shared objectives.
The role of different professionals in the interdisciplinary fraud investigation team.
The stages and instances of the research process, from the initial elaboration of hypotheses to their refinement and obtaining of evidence.
The legal implications of fraud investigation and the different strategies to be followed by the victimized organization.
The contribution that the forensic auditor can make to the investigation process and the techniques used.
Finally, the documents emerged as part of the research process and the research report
Who this course is for:
- Internal and external auditors
- Criminal lawyers interested in enhancing their fraud investigation skills
- Managers interested in preventing and detecting fraud
I am an experienced auditor and investigator, with more than 30 years of experience. I possess an argentinian CPA, an MBA degree, a CFE and a Certified Internal Auditor among many others. I worked and gave trainings in all Latin American countries, the United States, Spain and Mozambique. I am an active member of the ACFE and at the Institute of Internal Auditors.
· Supervised and/or conducted forensic audits in the public and private sector in Argentina, Brazil,Colombia,Costa Rica, Guatemala, Uruguay & USA. Working for 3 different consulting companies during more than 8 years
· Led major internal audit departments and teams in three major companies during more than 12 years in total
· Worked as staff auditor in statutory, internal and IT auditor in 6 companies during more than 8 years in total
· Organized training activities in Forensic and Internal audit. in USA, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru & Uruguay
· Trainer of ABA (Asociación de Bancos Argentinos), from 1987
· Have trained Bolivia and Peru customs officers in forensic audit., counterfeiting and money laundering issues