Français Intensif - Intensive French Course for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Use full, grammatically correct sentences
- Read and write simple texts
- Apply the rules of the language to make an infinite number of utterances
- Talk about yourself, other people, animals, things and whatever
- Pronounce and spell French words correctly
- Ask questions and answer them both positively and negatively
- Give orders and commands, ask someone to do something for you
- Describe people and things
- Modify your language by means of adverbs and other linguistic means
- Use the correct conjugation patterns
- Much more
- This is a beginner course. It is assumed that you have no knowledge of the language at all.
- In the resources section there are multiple exercises so you can practice until you feel comfortable about each topic. You do not need any additional materials. Everything will be provided to you.
- One thing you do need before you start the course – prepare to learn systematically, preferably schedule your time so that you make sure you can spend enough time studying. And if you have an objective set and really want to master the language, and if you really do your best to stick to your schedule, you will soon discover how quick your progress is becoming.
Dive deep into the realms of the French language. Master all the ins and outs of French grammar and you’ll feel much more comfortable about the language. In this course we’ll explore all the main areas of French grammar, pronunciation and spelling.
Discover How Fantastic the French Language Is and How Marvelous It Is To Use It Correctly.
- Pronunciation and Spelling
- Conjugation Patterns of Regular, Slightly Irregular and Irregular Verbs
- Number and Gender of Nouns and Adjectives
- Indicative and Imperative Mood
- Personal Pronouns
- Word Order in Declarative and Interrogative Sentences
- Cardinal Numbers
- Direct and Indirect Objects
- Impersonal Verb Forms: Infinitives, Participles
- Reflexive Verbs
- ... and much more
Become a Highly Skilled User of French – It’s All Well Within Your Reach.
French is definitely one of the most popular languages in the world. There’s a whole bunch of benefits to knowing French. Let me just mention a few. In our global society you can make use of it in business, becoming a more valuable worker, in private life, on vacation, chatting online, reading literature and press or watching satellite TV. In some parts of the world French is either the main language spoken or one of the main ones. And I could go on and on like that...
This is an intensive course, which means it covers the basics from level zero (absolute beginner) and then you wander across all the lectures and learn quite a lot of stuff. The explanations are concise and clear. You should have no difficulty following and understanding them. A lot of stuff and a lot of practice.
Contents and Overview
This course is pretty comprehensive. It contains all the basic areas of French grammar. Starting off with French spelling and pronunciation, touching upon all the main grammatical categories in the first sections and then going into much more detail in the following sections. The language I use is simple and should be easily understood by absolute beginners.
This course is divided into 10 sections, each of them covering a broad topic subdivided into lectures. The pace is up to you, you can go through the easier parts faster and then take more time to study the more sophisticated ones.
To help you memorize and practice all the new stuff, there are loads of exercises. Most lectures are accompanied by additional resources. These are downloadable files with exercises.
After you finish each section, there’s a quiz for you that covers the material discussed in that section.
Who this course is for:
- This course is best suited for students who want to learn French in a systematic way, diving into its grammar and being eager to understand how the language works, how all the inflections, articles, tenses, moods etc. should be used cor-rectly.
- This is a beginner course but is also suitable for students who already have some knowledge of French but would like to refresh it in an ordered and systematic way.
- This course is NOT suitable for students who only want to learn some everyday vocabulary or expressions like how to order food in a restaurant, book a ticket or something like that but don’t care about grammar.
I studied linguistics and computer science. Since 1999 I've been working as a teacher. I teach languages and programming. For the couple recent years I've worked as a Python developer as well. I'm especially into GUI and 3D programming and 3D modeling with Blender. My favorite GUI framework is Kivy (I also wrote a Kivy book for beginners) and my favorite game engine is Panda3D. I love this job.