Oxford Diploma : Frail to fit in 50 lectures!
What you'll learn
- How to prevent frailty as they age
- How to go from fat to fit
- The science behind frailty
- Various exercise routines to lose weight
- The motivation and method behind going from fat to fit - from a world champion
This course is really two courses in one - plus some routines and tips 'n' tricks.
From frail to fit in 50 lectures
This course goes through the various factors that are likely to lead to frailty as you age and then into detail as to how to avoid becoming frail. The course looks at the evidence-based reasons for frailty and the evidence-based remedies. Many studies are references but there are also various fitness routines included.
From fat to fit at 50!
This second course is a prolonged interview with Chris Zaremba, author of the book 'Fat to Fit at Fifty'. Chris was very overweight. He not only lost weight but became a world champion in Fitness Modelling and Muscle Modelling. (Note: For his age range!)
Through the interview - and with further research - we end up with a blue print for others to follow that will enable them too to lose weight, become super-healthy and enjoy life.
As Chris says: "At 50, I was obese, pre-diabetic and with high blood lipids (bad cholesterol), hypertension and pretty much no aerobic capacity. Today, my blood pressure and all other measurements are (according to the doc) typical for a healthy 30-35 year old."
There is an extra section. 30 days of routines and tips 'n' tricks to help you in your healthy ageing journey.
Who is this course for?
Everyone - whatever your age. All of us are getting older. Therefore all of us - if we do not pay attention to how we live - risk becoming frail. Maybe not for some years but why wait to take steps to prevent frailty?
If not frail, there is every chance that instead you'll become obese. Why not learn from someone who has 'been there' and since has his own TV channel, a range of awards, and is much in demand for training internationally?
Chris S : Fitness qualification to run exercise classes for the elderly; recovered from stroke through an emphasis on fitness; experienced Udemy Instructor. (Frail to fit.)
Chris Z : Numerous fitness qualifications; Personal Trainer; experienced fitness competition-winner. (Fat to fit)
REMEMBER: By its very nature, this course is in a constant state of update. Taking the 30-days of routines for example: these are being created in June i.e. right now so follow at one per day, do not expect to see all at once.
This is a course to be taken slowly with huge thought and consideration.
Who this course is for:
- Those who are overweight and ageing
- Those who are unfit and beginning to get worried
- Those whose parents need to get fit!
- Anyone growing older
I currently volunteer for:
Different Strokes (Stroke charity) - Ambassador
Age UK - running a book club
NHS - Culture liaison
NHS - interview panels
Sport in Mind - Support
Multiple Sclerosis - Support Worker
Trinity Learning - - visit Primary Schools
Oxford Recovery College - tutor
Horton Hospital - Hospital radio
Story Telling Museum - guide
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.