Foundations of Biblical Interpretation
What you'll learn
- In this course, you will learn 1) how to read the Bible with awareness of historical and cultural context.
- 2) How to read the Bible with attentiveness to the literary characteristics of the text
- 3) How to read the Bible with knowledge of the big story of the Bible.
- 4) How to read the Bible with self-awareness regarding the theological and cultural presuppositions that shape our interpretation of the Bible.
- There are suggested readings that accompany each lecture, but those readings are not required.
This course is for those who find the Bible interesting, enlightening, confusing, or all of the above! This course explores the foundations of biblical interpretation and provides students with key tools for reading, interpreting, and applying the Bible in the contemporary world. There are nine lectures in the course (over 5 hours of content), with accompanying PowerPoints.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to grow in their understanding of how to interpret the Bible better.