Foundation Skills for a Successful Meditation Practice
- Simply the desire to start a meditation practice, no prior experience needed
This course starts with the most important FOUNDATION SKILLS that students need to start an enjoyable meditation practice. This includes how to handle distraction, how to find a comfortable position and how to physically prepare yourself before meditation. Without these basic skills beginners can become frustrated and often give up ...thinking "I am just not good at meditation". If you have ever had that thought then this course is for you! We will learn the skills and tricks that can help everyone to become "successful" meditators and reap the numerous benefits of regular meditation practice!
Once you have the foundation skills in place we will work through 6 common meditation techniques. Throughout this process we will also utilize the practice of "meditation journaling" to help us gain a deeper understanding of meditation & what technique is best for YOU!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in starting to meditate, but are unsure where to start
- Anyone that has tried meditation but become frustrated because they could not "turn off their mind"
- Those looking for tools to manage stress, anxiety or depression
- Those looking for skills to improve mental focus and clarity
- 07:56What is Meditation?
- 06:54Concentration Vs. Meditation
- 12:05How to Handle Distraction
- 3 questionsReflecting on your Experience with Meditation
I started teaching yoga and mat pilates in 2005 while I was earning my BA in Psychology. I went on to earn a Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy and have been working in physical rehabilitation since 2009. In 2015 I completed my training as a Massage Therapist with a specialty in treatment of the Lymphatic System. My passion is to combine the traditional medical model with the complimentary techniques offered in eastern traditions through my work as a Yoga Therapist.