Fortigate NSE 4 Preparation - Infrastructure
What you'll learn
- Analyze a FortiGate route table
- Route packets using policy-based and static routes for multipath and load -balanced deployments
- Inspect traffic transparently, forwarding as a Layer 2 device
- Divide FortiGate into two or more virtual devices, each operating as an independent FortiGate, by configuring virtual domains (VDOMs)
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate devices
- Compare policy-based to route-based IPsec VPN
- Implement a meshed or partially redundant VPN
- Diagnose failed IKE exchanges
- Offer Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO) access to network services, integrated with Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for fault tolerance and high performance
- Knowledge of OSI layers
- Knowledge of firewall concepts in an IPv4 network
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of FortiGate
Fortinet is one of the leading company in the world with thousands of customers globally and rated highly by analysts. Fortinet NSE 4 Certification recognizes your ability to install and manage the day-to-day configuration, monitoring, and operation of a FortiGate device to support specific corporate network security policies.
This course is recommended for network and security professionals who are involved in the day-to-day management, implementation, and administration of a security infrastructure using FortiGate devices.
Topics include features commonly applied in complex or larger enterprise or MSSP networks, such as advanced routing, transparent mode, redundant infrastructure, site-to-site IPsec VPN, single sign-on (SSO), web proxy, and diagnostics.
Who this course is for:
- Network Security Engineers
- Network Security Administartors
- Security Operations Analysts
- Security Engineers
- System Administartors
Seasoned Information Technology Professional with more than two decades of experience in Enterprise Networking and Information Security covering multiple domains including Identity and Access Management, Network Security, Perimeter Security, Cloud Security, Application Security, Red and Blue Teaming , Vulnerability and Penetration Testing. Have been teaching vendor specific and vendor agnostic Information Technology courses over the past 5 years.