Form Your Virtual Team & Lead Your Virtual Team
What you'll learn
- Communicate clearly & openly with diverse teams
- Resolve conflict & coach effectively
- Foster trust & formalize team roles
- Lead successful & productive virtual meetings
- You will need Adobe Acrobat to download PDFs
- You will need internet access. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari are preferred browsers to open links to interactive lessons
These days everything's moving online… even your team. Are you ready? Knowing how to identify the dynamics of your team, communicate clearly with everyone & foster trust will give you the basic skills you need as a manager to bridge the distance & form your virtual team. During this course you'll learn how to recognize and manage conflict when team members aren't necessarily in the same location, how to coach effectively from across a distance, how to appreciate and respect cultural diversity, and how to host productive virtual meetings. Find out what it takes to be the leader your team needs, virtual style.
Course 1: Form Your Virtual Team
Establish your virtual team and set communication and environmental standards.
- Bridge the cultural and physical gap
- Understand your team's perspectives
- Foster trust and set your team up for success
Course 2: Lead Your Virtual Team
Your virtual team is ready to go. Find out what it takes to keep them on task and get the project done.
- Lead virtual meetings, even when they go wrong
- Resolve conflict across distances
- Coach your team to success
This two course bundle will teach you how to form and lead your virtual team to success. It includes dynamic video, interactive practice lessons, tips from industry leaders, and downloadable PDFs. Each component is designed to be completed in short time allotments, or all at once, to suit your schedule. It will take approximately 1 hour to complete both courses.
Who this course is for:
- New managers who are leading their first virtual team
- New managers who are forming their first virtual team
- Experienced managers who have led co-located teams that are now moving online
- Experienced managers who want to learn new skills for the online era
Let's face it - a lot of elearning out there is downright boring. The truth is, everyone wants the skills they need to do their jobs well. That's where Eleventure comes in. It's critical, on-the-job skills people need. It's fast. It's fresh. It's action based & it's designed and developed by award winning and veteran author, presenter & trainer, Megan Torrance of TorranceLearning.
Megan brings over a decade of business consulting and project management experience to her instructional design and development work. She teaches LLAMA (Agile project management) and instructional design classes, kicks off new design projects and makes sure everyone's having a good time. Elearning guru by day, and ice hockey goaltender by night, Megan is devoted to not only delivering outstanding work, but also creating a top-notch work environment based on trust, flexibility, compassion, and fun. Megan and her team have developed elearning for a variety of industries and topics including food ingredients, industrial chemicals, medical, non-profit, human resources, sales, marketing, and IT. Megan holds a BS in Communications with an emphasis on Organizational Communication and Public Relations, and an MBA, both from Cornell University.
TorranceLearning's instructional design processes are designed to quickly focus on the desired performance and learning objectives, then make the most of visual and verbal techniques to take full advantage of the learning opportunity.