What you'll learn
- Understanding of ForgeRock Identity & Access Management Overview and History
- OpenAM Default Installation
- OpenAM Custom Installation with external OpenDJ
- External OpenDJ Installation
- Realms creation and Customization according to Realm
- User Self-Service, Registration, Forgotten Username, Forgotten Password & Social Login
- Users & Groups add, modify and delete
- Configuration of different types of authentication modules LDAP, Datastore,MFA,JDBC, Device Id Match, Adaptive, HOTP etc..
- Configuration of authentication module in chains
- Configuration of OpenAM Nodes i.e Datastore, LDAP, Message, RetryLimit, Account Lockout, OAuth2, Zero Page Login etc...
- Configuration of different types of protocols SAML2, OAuth2, OIDC etc..
- Configuration of OpenAM Rest end points in postman
- OpenAM Troubleshoot real time issues
- Configuration of Application protection via Java Agent and Web Agent
- OpenAM Audit Logging
- OpenAM Replication
- OpenAM Backup / Restore
- Understanding Realm Time issues
- Nothing, but having Java & any Identity & Access Management knowledge will be a plus point
ForgeRock OpenAM is an access management tool for authentication and authorization. It's one of the products in the ForgeRock stack. ForgeRock OpenAM provides different types of user authentications such as the Authentication module. Authentication tree, Authentication chains, Federation(SAML2), OpenID Connect(OIDC)/OAuth2, Multifactor Authentication etc..
In this course, we are providing end-to-end OpenAM installation with multiple containers, the configuration of authentication module, chains, and tree, Federation(SAML2) configuration, OIDC configuration, OAuth2 Configuration, sample applications integration with OpenAM, Rest-end points configuration in postman, etc...
Forgerock mainly providing the following products.
ForgeRock products are open source project till the version of 13.0 and the naming convention of each product start with Open and download the source code with free subscription and do the changes according to the requirement.
After the 13.0 version, the products are commercial and need the paid subscription to download the source code to customize the source code. And also the product naming convention changed like removed the Open keyword. But we can download the software/binary file to practice in the lower environment or personally.
The new product's name is as follows.
1. AM (Access Management)
2. DS (Directory Services)
3. IDM (Identity Management)
4. IG (Identity Gateway)
OpenAM - (AM - Access Management)
OpenAM originated as OpenSSO, it's created by Sun Microsystems and now owned by Oracle Corporation.
OpenAM providing authentication and authorization in multiple ways. Here summarizing and sharing the OpenAM most important and frequently using the features.
Login with Social - Google, Facebook, Linked-In, etc...
OpenAM - IDP
OpenAM - SP
Dynamic Client Registration
Replication (Multiple Instances)
OpenAM Rest API
OpenIDM - IDM(Identity Management)
OpenIDM enables you to consolidate multiple identity sources for policy and workflow-based management. OpenIDM can consume, transform and feed data to external sources so that you maintain control over the identities of users, devices, and other objects.
OpenIDM provides a modern UI experience that allows you to manage your data without writing a single line of code. The standard RESTful interfaces also offer ultimate flexibility so that you can customize and develop the product to fit the requirements of your deployment.
OpenDJ - DS(Directory Services)
OpenDJ is an LDAPv3 compliant directory service, which has been developed for the Java platform, providing a high performance, highly available, and secure store for the identities managed by your organization. Its easy installation process, combined with the power of the Java platform makes OpenDJ the simplest, fastest directory to deploy and manage.
An open-source, lightweight, embeddable directory that can easily share real-time customer, device, and user identity data across enterprise, cloud, social, and mobile environments.
Massive data scale and high availability providing developers with ultra-lightweight ways to access identity data
High Performance - ms response times & tens of thousands of w/r per sec
Multi-Master replication for high availability
As well as the expected LDAP access OpenDJ lets you access directory data as JSON resources over HTTP making it super convenient for web and phone apps.
OpenIG - IG(Identity Gateway)
The Open Identity Gateway (OpenIG) is a high-performance reverse proxy server with specialized session management and credential replay functionality.
OpenIG is an independent policy enforcement point that reduces the proliferation of passwords and ensures consistent, secure access across multiple web apps and APIs. OpenIG can leverage any standards-compliant identity provider to integrate into your current architecture. Single sign-on and sign-off improves the user experience and will vastly improve adoption rates and consumption of services provided.
Extend SSO to any Application
Federate Enabling Applications
Implement Standards-Based Policy Enforcement
OpenIG works together with OpenAM to integrate Web applications without the need to modify the target application or the container that it runs in.
Support for identity standards (OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML 2.0)
Application and API gateway concept
Prepackaged SAML 2.0-based federation
Password capture and replay
Works with any identity provider, including OpenAM
Single Sign-On and Single Log-Out
100% open source
Who this course is for:
- Any Identity and Access Management Developers
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced on Identity and Access Management
- Forgerock Identity and Access Management Developers
- Forgerock Identity and Access Management Administrators
- Anyone switching to Identity and Access Management Domain
- Forgerock Identity and Access Management Supporters
- Anyone who don't have prior knowledge on IAM Technology and want to start Identity and Access Management
- Java Junior Developer or Senior Developer
- Software Engineer
Hello! I am Narayanaswamy, have been working in the IT industry for more than 10 years. I am a specialist in ForgeRock Identity & Access Management solutions.
My Technology stack Java / J2EE, Spring boot, Hibernate, Struts, Webservices, PHP, Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, Web Hosting, and Website Development, and
I am always trying my best to share my knowledge through udemy.