What you'll learn
- Basic anatomy of hair
- How to differentiate between hair and fiber
- What are the differences between human hair and animal hair
- How to identify the person from hair
- Comment the possible weapon from the injury on the hair
- Determine the time since death
- Opine the cause of death
- Sample collection methods
- There is no special requirements for starting this course. Only your interest to understand this topic is what really needed…
If you are interested in investigations or investigative films/series, then this course is for you. This course is designed in such a way that the students can understand all the concepts of Forensic Trichology in a simplified manner & in a short period of time.
What will the students who enroll in this course gain after the completion?
•Basic knowledge in anatomy of hair
•How to differentiate between hair and fiber
•What are the differences between human hair and animal hair
•How to identify the person from hair
•Comment the possible weapon from the injury on the hair
•Opine the cause of death
•Determine the time since death
•Sample collection methods
•Forensic examination procedures
There will be three assessments & a final course assessment to verify whether you have understood the topic clearly & correctly.
Who this course is for:
- This course will be useful for all level of students.
Dr. Ajith Paleakkara is a distinguished medico-legal expert. He is an Alumnus from a prominent Government Medical college with a post-graduation in Forensic Medicine. He had served as a forensic examiner and in due course performed several medico-legal procedures including, Autopsy, collection of samples for toxicological examination, result interpretation, examination of survivors & accused in sexual offences etc.. He was tasked to educate police officials, advocates, social workers and was instrumental in lending a medico legal perspective to various investigations. He has found passion in his ability to connect with students and panache to teach led him to be a part of a faculty to educate undergraduate students.