Forensic Psychology & Offender Profiling (Fully Accredited)
What you'll learn
- Students will learn all about the history and use of criminal profiling for serious crime such as murder and rape.
- Profiling and its development in the FBI, through to its current day use.
- How and why profilers arrive at their description of likely offender characteristics.
- Geographic profiling and its use
- A step by step guide through the stages of psychological profiling
- An interest in offender profiling as applied to serious and serial crime
- Over the age of 16, as references to serious crime are made in the course
This course is fully accredited by IAOTH (International Association of Therapists) and a certificate is provided upon completion. This is a fascinating course which starts with an overview of offender profiling as developed initially by the FBI. The course moves on to crime scene analysis by the forensic psychologist or forensic mental health expert and what this tells us about the likely characteristics of the offender. The course looks at the likely characteristics of serial killers and rapists as distinguished from the general offender population, focusing on developmental characteristics from their childhood. Infamous cases are explored and the student is encouraged to carry out additional work in researching these cases.
The style of teaching is relaxed, informal and professional and throughout the course, students are encouraged to think through issues covered and to discuss with friends, colleagues or associates. Students are also encouraged to get in touch with the lecturer with any questions or queries they may have. The lecturer also welcomes students opinion on any of the points discussed throughout the course.
An excellent course for anyone with an interest in the topic, either from a personal or professional perspective. The course is taught by Kevin O'Doherty, Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness and CBT Therapist. Kevin has worked in mental health for over 20 years and has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience during that time. This course is also available via live streaming and face to face upon request. Individuals and organisations alike are encouraged to get in touch.
Who this course is for:
- Over 16 years of age as adult material is included in the course.
- Anybody with an interest in this fascinating area of Forensic Psychology.
All of my online courses on Udemy are fully accredited by IAOTH, with certificates provided on completion. I also provide all of my courses via live streaming to groups and individuals.
I am a Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert, CBT Therapist and Author of several self help books. I also carry out Medico Legal Psychological Assessments for Law firms. I provide Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for clients based all over the world with the aid of Virtual Programme Software such as Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp and Doxy. I consult, advise and deliver training on all aspects of forensic mental health in the UK, Europe and USA on request.
I find my work as a Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness fascinating and I do hope that I present some of that fascination to the student during the course.
In addition to our Cgforensicmentalhealth website, we also have Calibre Gold website.