Food as Medicine
What you'll learn
- In this course students will learn how foods can cause inflammation that leads to chronic disease and how to use food to heal their bodies.
- Students will also learn about blood sugar regulation.
- What is Inflammation?
- Foods that create inflammation
- Foods that lower inflammation
- Supplements and spices that lower inflammation
- Students will learn how to read food labels at the grocery store
- Student will learn the difference between organic and non-organic foods
- Students will learn why GMO foods should be avoided
- Students will learn why they should consider avoiding wheat gluten
- Students will learn the difference between gluten allergies and gluten sensitivities
- Students will learn what food additives are dangerous and how to know what is safe to consume
- Students will understand how the glycemic index helps us to manage our blood sugar
- Students will understand the difference between glycemic index and glycemic load
This course is the most comprehensive course ever created on how to use food to heal your body and reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases.
Dr. Scott Haggerty gives you the science and the practical information necessary to arm you for success.
Here is what you get on the inside:
What is INFLAMMATION?
How does Inflammation cause Chronic Disease?
How to eat to lower the risk for Heart Disease, Cancer, Arthritis, Alzheimer's and other Chronic Diseases.
What foods are known to CAUSE Cancer?
What foods help PREVENT Cancer?
What is ACID-BASE Balance?
How does being ACIDIC lead to developing Heart Disease or Cancer?
How to read Food labels.
How do you know if ingredients on the food labels are safe or harmful?
Why should I buy organic foods?
Why should I avoid GMO's?
Who this course is for:
- People who are concerned about preventing chronic diseases
- People who have children with neurodevelopmental challenges that would like to improve their symptoms
- Parents who struggle with knowing what to buy at the grocery store
- People who feel overwhelmed by all of the conflicting nutrition information out there and want to cut through the noise and see the research backed truth.
Dr. Scott Haggerty is an expert in Family Wellness with a specialty in Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Disorders. His passion is to empower families, through education, to improve their health and quality of life. His passion to serve families comes from watching his own daughter struggle with Sensory Processing Issues, Anxiety, Tics, Constipation, Temperament issues and more. He saw his daughter's life changed after utilizing the methods he now employs in his clinical every day. After seeing his little girl's life change so drastically, he has dedicated his life to helping other kids and families that are struggling in the same ways his family did.