FMEA: Failure, Modes, Effects, Analysis
What you'll learn
- How to build and deploy an FMEA
- Failure, Modes, Effects, Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Multiple scenarios in multiple industries
The FMEA (Failure, Modes, Effects, Analysis) tool is by far one of the best root cause analysis tools out there. As a tool, you can deploy this in both a reactive and proactive way. You can use it to identify what has gone wrong, why it has gone wrong and what potentially you could do to fix this for the longer term. Equally, if you are looking to build out a new process or reengineer and existing one and you want to know what COULD go wrong, the FMEA can do just this.
Therefore, this could will educate you on how to use this tool effectively in a range of scenarios. In this course, we will cover:
- The fundamentals of the FMEA (what the FMEA is, its purpose and importance etc.)
- What root cause analysis is.
- How and when you should use the tool.
- A breakdown of each section of the tool and how to deploy them.
- The overall process of how to build, deploy and implement the findings from an FMEA.
- Real life examples of how I have deployed FMEAs in multiple industries and businesses.
At the end of this course, you will be able to effectively deploy this fantastic tool in organisations large and small, in services and manufacturing, in your team and across your business.
Who this course is for:
- Business Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Business Owners
Hi there, my name is Robert Chapman.
I have been working as a Business Improvement professional for many years now. In doing so, I have learned a number of key lessons about Business, People and Processes.
The work I have done has been to save organisations money (and I have saved organisations millions of dollars), make them and their teams more productive and efficient and future proof their operations. Specifically, I am an expert in:
- Lean Six Sigma.
- Root cause analysis.
- Process Improvement.
- Automation of processes.
- Business Case creation.
- Wider Business Improvement (such as cultural change, reporting and transition of work around the globe).
I shall be loading course content on Udemy around the topic of Business Improvement so please do check out the courses on offer.
I do love to hear from those of you that take my courses and am here to help wherever possible!