Write a Task 2 Band 7+ IELTS Essay with a Former Examiner
What you'll learn
- Stuck between band 5.5-6.5 in IELTS writing? Need to immigrate to Canada/abroad? I'm Geoff, a former IELTS writing examiner. Let's get a band 7+ Task 2 Essay!
- We'll begin with planning: how to brainstorm and outline your essay to make it successful and raise your Coherence & Cohesion and Task Achievement scores
- We'll discuss techniques to help improve your vocabulary score with specific, advanced terms and expressions.
- Learn what strategies can actually hurt your Task 2, like rephrasing the question.
- Students should already be scoring at least a band 5-6 on the writing portion of the exam.
- Previous experience writing essays is NOT necessary.
This writing course will guide you with all the steps for essays, from planning an argument to writing. That includes techniques for adding advanced vocabulary, expressions and transitions, as well as mistakes to avoid.
My name is Geoff Anderson; I was an IELTS speaking and writing examiner for 3 years. I have taught students since 2010 and repeatedly seen issues with essay structure, vocabulary, and idea development, especially for IELTS Task 2 or TOEFL integrated and general writing assignments.
The reality is that coming up with ideas for essays and developing them is not easy! How do you structure an argument? What kinds of details work best? What is the best way to start an essay? How do you finish?
With those questions and more in mind, I want to help you achieve a higher score in your writing to help you perform better on tests, in college, and on applications for immigration to countries like Canada and Australia. The reality is that many people need high scores on exams like TOEFL or a band 7+ on IELTS to achieve their goals.
If you've taken these tests 2, 3, 4 or more times and keep getting the same score, or maybe even a lower one, then this is a course that is designed for you! We'll go over the different sections of an essay and create a plan to ensure that your score meets your needs. Let's get to work!
Who this course is for:
- Students who need a band 7 or higher on the IELTS writing test.
- Students who need to write academic essays in the USA/Canada/UK.
I am Geoff Anderson, a former IELTS examiner for speaking/writing, and have been an ESL instructor since 2010. My channel, Fluent American, is geared to helping English learners with pronunciation, writing, and more to help students succeed in North America. I have seen so many students get stuck with IELTS writings scores that are under band 7, when they need a better result to immigrate or begin their education. This is why I have created content that I hope can help you!