Florida Retirement System: Pension and DROP Options
- You should be a part of the Florida Retirement System. No investment or financial knowledge is needed.
This course is intended to educate Florida Public employees on their retirement options and choices, and how to fill out their retirement paperwork correctly.
Topics we discuss:
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) Pension Options
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) Investment Plan Option
- Deferred Retirement Option Program (DROP)
- Deferred Retirement Option Program (DROP) Payout Options
- How to fill out your Retirement Paperwork
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for Florida public employees who are part of the Florida Retirement System pension or investment plan.
- 02:03FRS Pension Option 1
- 01:25FRS Pension Option 1 Article
- 01:23Bonus: Pension Maximization
- 01:43FRS Pension Option 2
- 01:06Bonus: The problem with Pension Option 2
- 01:33FRS Pension Option 2 Article
- 01:32FRS Pension Option 3
- 01:02FRS Pension Option 3 Article
- 02:11FRS Pension Option 4
- 00:48FRS Pension Option 4 Article
- 01:11FRS Investment Plan
- 02:23FRS Investment Plan Article
Don started his career helping Florida Retirement System employees set up and establish their 403(b)/TSA and 457/Deferred Comp retirement accounts in 2007. In 2009, Don began working as a BENCOR representative advising and managing 9 school district and college plans in central Florida.
Don partnered with his uncle Dave Anders in 2015 to form Anders & Anders Financial Group, and in July 2016 Don resigned as a BENCOR Representative to focus on running Anders & Anders full time. With decades of experience working with public employees, Anders & Anders primary focus is assisting retiring Florida Retirement System employees with their investment and insurance needs.
Don married the love of his life, Brianna, in 2005. They have three great children Teagan, Kelby, and Harper. In his free time, Don enjoys spending time with his family, fishing, basketball, audio books, and live theater.
" Securities and advisory services offered through Madison Avenue Securities, LLC (MAS), member FINRA/SIPC, and a Registered Investment Advisor. MAS and Anders & Anders Financial Group are not affiliated companies."