The Flask Mega-Tutorial (Python Web Development)
- 11.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write complete web applications using Python and Flask
- Accept user input through web forms
- Use relational databases
- Manage user logins and authentication
- Translate and localize application messages
- Implement a search engine
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Deploy your application on Linux servers or Docker containers
- Deploy your application on Heroku
- Familiarity with Python, at least at a beginner level.
- Knowledge of the command-line prompt in your operating system to perform basic file and directory functions.
The Flask Mega-Tutorial is an overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with theframework. The tutorial was born as a series of blog articles, and has been thoroughly revised, updated and expanded as a result of a successful . The concepts that are covered go well beyond Flask, including a wide range of topics Python web developers need to know when writing their own applications.
The goal of the course is to build a nicely featured social blogging web application. Chapter 1 begins with a very simple version of this application that has just a few lines of code. Then, each successive chapter adds a new feature to it. The 23 chapters in this course can be roughly split into two parts: the first 12 chapters are focused on basic web development concepts, while the remaining 11 chapters cover intermediate and advanced techniques. All the code featured in this tutorial is open source, and is available on. You are welcome to use any of it for your own projects!
This edition of the tutorial includes over 11 hours of video showing how to perform all the steps in detail. For added context, the blog articles from where this tutorial originated are available on Miguel Grinberg's blog.
- Beginner and intermediate Python developers interested in learning web development.